Vijay Srinivas and Food Security

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
      Yesterday at our chats I signed up Vijay Srinivas for Pamela McLean's
      working group Learning From Each Other. (See our transcripts at:
      http://www.worknets.org/archive/index.pl?mon=11&mday=3&year=2009 )

      Fri, 04 Dec 09 05:45:55 +0000 Vijay: Hi Andrius, It was great chatting
      with you on worknets yesterday. I remember you told me that you have
      created a page for me to start learners group on food security (This is
      what I understood). Could you please give me the link..Also please give
      me your preferred email id..

      Here is a page for Vijay:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?VijaySrinivas
      and a page for food security
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FoodSecurity
      and some entries below. And my email is ms@...

      Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

      ----------------------------------

      Vijay's blog at Dadamac.net
      http://www.dadamac.net/blog/vijay

      I am from Delhi, India

      it is a great feeling to be watch so many people from different
      nationalities talking about problems and solutions that are common to
      all of us

      http://www.km4dev.org/profile/VijaySrinivas?xg_source=activity

      * DeepestValue=Spread cheer and confidence: to feel connected, to forge
      that connection with one and all in this world.
      * Dream= My dream is to spread happiness and cheer among people, and
      make the world an oasis of plenty and peace. I would love to be close to
      nature. My dream is never to depend on a typical job and follow my
      passions.

      Andrius, in simple terms, I want to be an enabler for people across the
      world to solve their diverse problems. :: from food, water to education
      and livelihoods :: I told Pam that I wanted to do something in FOOD
      SECURITY :: Do u think worknets and Dadamac can work together on issues
      like food security and livelihoods :: right now i am working on a
      project that monitors air and water quality in Indian cities and towns
      :: the idea of this project is to empower citizens with crucial
      information about air and water quality (24x7)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
        vijay srinivas wrote:
        > Hi Andrius,
        >
        > I just posted a write-up on this page..and I can't see it on my page..
        >
        > http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FoodSecurity
        >
        > Do I need a login and password to post and see the comments.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Vijay
        Hi Vijay, I found this below in our comments and I don't know why it
        didn't appear where you wanted. I put it on the page:
        http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FoodSecurity
        Let's look into that. Trying using the link "write on this page". You
        don't need a login or password. It will ask for your name. Andrius,
        ms@...

        VijaySrinivas <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?VijaySrinivas>, December
        4, 2009: Greetings to my friends in worknets. I am a journalist and
        communications professional based in New Delhi, INDIA. Since May 2009, I
        have been slowly transitioning from the world of media to the
        development sector. My areas of interest are environment, food security,
        water, livelihoods and community health. But of these areas, food
        security is the one I want to know more about. I am concerned about it
        because for me, quite simply, this is the building block of human life.
        No food, no life. And the way things are going, I think food is on it
        way to becoming the next shortage item after water. The basic reason for
        this group is to learn and share with the community here on the ways to
        enhance food security for everyone in this world. Food
        <http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?OpenSourceEcology/Food> security, as I
        see it, is less about getting the food on our tables every day and
        night, and making the farmer more secure about his job of growing food
        for us.
      • vijay srinivas
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2009
          Hi Andrius,

          By mistake, i deleted Steve Bosserman's comments on my Food Security wiki page...

          Is there anyway they can be retrieved and put back in their original places on the page?

          Regards,

          Vijay