Please try out our MyFoodStory interface

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2007
      Markus, Awne, Tomas and all,

      Please try out our MyFoodStory interface at http://www.myfoodstory.info and
      add some food stories.

      You will see that on the right hand side at the top there is a link "Add a
      new storyteller". Click on that and it will take you here:
      http://www.myfoodstory.info/add.php

      Add an excerpt about or from a "storyteller" - somebody who grows food and
      shares their story. Then fill out the various text boxes. You can also
      upload files, one per save.

      I appreciate your help trying this out. I will keep working to improve our
      interface. Your participation and feedback are essential!

      I'm very impressed with the quality of our work. Samwel, congratulations to
      your Pumpkin team and Watermelon team for such profound reports!
      http://www.myfoodstory.info/index.php?tag=Pumpkin
      http://www.myfoodstory.info/index.php?tag=Watermelon
      Awne, thank you for your many stories and wonderful pictures, for example:
      http://www.myfoodstory.info/New/New211-olivefarmer6.jpg
      Pictures are enormously effective! Let's think how we might make best use of
      them. I will try to find a way to show the latest pictures.

      Now we'll need to think more and more about quantity - how can we be sure to
      meet our targets? I'm rather confident that we'll collect enough of the long
      stories. We have about 25 already and we need 60 total. I will create some
      webpages from them and work to have them posted at other sites. Although
      this is an extra activity, but important for making our work meaningful to
      others.

      I think the big challenge for us to win our bonuses will be to collect th
      1,800 directory entries. Right now we have more than 100. I think that I
      could do at least 6 per hour so if I had to do them myself it would take abut
      300 hours. But that is pointless. Our point is to work together. Each team
      should find its rhythm. So please lets use this interface and find our
      rhythm! We can be "smart" in various ways, such as contacting organizations
      and getting permission to showcase their lists.

      Pamela, any news about your team? And what is your schedule?

      Chicago, Illinois