Re: [learningfromeachother] sports team

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2007
      Dear William, Andrius, Samwel, Janet, Helen, Leonard and all,
      Thanks William for your message.
      I think that it's really a good idea to involve youth doing sport.
      Actually  in 2003,Miche association sent 4 volunteers to Ifakara (Tanzania) to work with children in primary schools, doing sport, maily basket. They organized some special events too, focused  on children rights.
      How is Uyoga group involved in this project of sport? You wrote me about the  collection of information for internet pages.  How many members are doing it?   What kind of information you are searching for?
      Just to remind of some important information in MS Forum:

      Janet sent  a list of contacts for WSF in Nairobi.  Mussa S. Billegeya, Coordinator of Tanzania Social forum. Dar es Salaam tel 022.2774581 mobile 0755069877 - 0713707136 - 0754093336  jukwaa_tz2yahoo.com    web: http://wsf2007.org  http://www.tango.or.tz

      Leonard  wrote to the Forum about "The Oxfam International Youth Partnerships application form   still available online at www.iyp.oxfam. org and the deadline is the end of this month"

      Anyway, I really appreciate your effort, to organize a sport  team and the activity on the way. Please keep us informed!
      Best wishes
      Maria Agnese

      William Wambura <wamburawilliam@...> ha scritto:
      dear all;
      We the Dar es salaam group are doing well.
      I would like to share this ideas with you.I have established a football team of children aged 8-15 yars old.My football team will be responsible for Envorment issues,community education,childrens rights and sports for bringing changes to the community with the help of UYOGA.My football team is exercising every evening.I would like to share with you members so that my team can work out effectively.

      Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
      I share this letter from Maria Agnese Giraudo. Andrius, http://www.ms. lt

      Dear Janet, Pam, Jeff and all...
      Thanks all of you very much for your stimulating messages regarding
      e-books, telecentres, book projects and services.
      I'm very interested in all these issues and I'm very new in what happens
      in ICT in the commity centres. So, I wouldl ike to get more information
      of Telecentres. Regarding books I would like to thank Jeff for remind me
      of Uganda Bookmobile experience. It has been a great project. I
      dowloaded the report and I had a talk with Komar. It was about printing
      book around Uganda in a special equipped car. He told me that this
      project failed, but I would like to see if is true, perhaps it keeps on
      in a different way!!!
      I have to search again...If you got some information please share with me.
      Regarding e-books. It's great to have the chance to produce them:
      fiction books,
      books with information useful for the Community: agriculture, health
      etc., in the local language too...and textbooks
      Texbooks are very necessary for schools in Africa. I can only refer to
      Tanzania, the rate of child/textbook is 8/1 in primary schools.
      The association LIDU2 working in Moshi district, Tanzania, started with
      the aim of printing books, then they should change strategy due to
      copyrught restrictions. Now they buy textbooks and reference books for
      schools. pidu2@hotmail. com
      I would like to concentrate more on it: how to get low price textbooks
      to schoolchildren?
      Problems: copyright protection, cost of publishing, printing...
      Textbooks open access. I found some sites for downloading them
      http://textbookrevo lution.org/
      Problems: I would like to find some teachers or competent people in
      specific fields to evaluate of the property, reliability and quality of
      these open access textbooks. Can you help me to find these contacts?
      E-books: a chance also for Research, Teaching, Scientific
      dissemination in developing and transitional countries.
      Greetings!
      Maria Agnese Giraudo

      Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalp ublicdomain. org Please be kind to our authors!
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/learningfr omeachother/

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/learningfr omeachother/ join
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:learningfrom eachother- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
      mailto:learningfrom eachother- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!

    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2007
        thanks william for that graet idear of starting
        afootball club
        itoo has got one of the smae age in kampala
        just because ibelieve talent identification is the key
        to sucess
        so keep up we shall have many zidanes in africa