Re: [learningfromeachother] Artistic expression of Public Domain values?

  • Edward Cherlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2009
      But not all of us are so devoted to the Public Domain. Earth Treasury
      uses the GNU Public License and various Creative Commons licenses.
      Since US law does not recognize dedication of works to the Public
      Domain, we use CC-0 (No Rights Reserved) as the nearest substitute.
      The situation in other countries varies.

      I have found that far too many people are so committed to what the law
      should be, in their view, that they cannot discuss what the law
      currently is, and how to make the best of it. I don't mind if you
      ignore or break a law that you consider unconscionable, but you need
      to say explicitly that this is Civil Disobedience and not a legal
      strategy.

      http://www.earthtreasury.org/