First Thursday Nov 5th Annual Celebration Nov 7th

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      Hi Andrius and Everyone

      Next Thursday - November 5th is first Thursday of  the month again.  So it's time for my usual invitation to you to join me in the chat room, and my usual thanks to Andrius for making it possible.  All being well I will be around for an hour as usual starting - 13.00 Nigerian time, 15,00 Kenyan time, 12.00 GMT

      Please remember too that Saturday Nov 7th we will be back in the chatroom for the annual Teachers Talking - self-directed Learners - Dadamac celebration of how the Internet helps us to work together and learn. 10.00 GMT. 11.00 Nigerian time. 13.00 East African Time. I hope there will be some newcomers joining us from the UK as we will be at an event called BarCampAfrica.  More details here http://www.dadamac.net/node/80

      There were many topics raised at the October First Thursday, and as a result none of them were covered in sufficient depth. This list of the topics is written from memory several weeks later so is probably incomplete - but the discussion included:

      • Attracting expert volunteers
      • Beekeeping
      • Biochar
      • Fishfarming
      • Solar
      • Technical problems related to computers, phones and going online
      • Tourism
      • Water carts

      Perhaps at the November meeting we can use that list as the starting point for an agenda, and deal with each item in turn. We can also try to include Any Other Business, where people can mention new topics. If you can let me have your thoughts on this before First Thursday that would help us to arrange things in a way that suits most people.

      To enter the chat room go to  http://www.worknets .org/chat/ base/

      Any problems or uncertainties about using the chat room please let me know. Obviously the people who arrive know how to get there - but there may be other people who need more help to find their way in. Please give feedback here if there are any difficulties. We do not want anyone to be left outside.