Displaying and thinking about our values, questions, endeavors, dreams

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2009
      Dante,

      Thank you for your letter! I'm grappling with improving our websites
      and thus with the issues you raise. How best to display and make use of
      our data about our values, questions, endeavor, dreams such as we have at:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Values
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Endeavors
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Dreams
      and content that we're getting from our letters, our wiki pages,
      comments and that we see from blogs etc. on the web. How to encourage
      meaningful response? How to credit those who are most active and
      helpful and then focus on supporting their dreams and provide them with
      paid work? How to organize an "economy of dreams"?

      I'm very interested to work together. It's most helpful for me if we
      can organize around supporting your own use of our websites because then
      at least one person (you!) will benefit and participate and we can learn
      and build further from that. I want to avoid building systems that
      nobody wants or uses.

      I've set up the page we have for you here:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?DanteGabryellMonson
      (it's problematic including a hyphen in your name, is it ok without?)
      and I've created a page for your endeavor:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?PostSymbolicVisualContextualLanguage

      You had many links from before to http://coforum.oikoumene.net What
      happened to those pages?

      I can output an RSS stream if that would be useful. What RSS reader do
      you use?

      I'm thinking of looking through our letters to collect material that
      we're writing about our values, dreams, endeavors, questions and see how
      to present that so we might support that. In particular, to feed that
      into our list of tasks http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Tasks and make
      that more effective. I've sent Fred Kayiwa $100. He's been helping for
      free with tasks and I've been training him and we're working further on
      that and hopefully can help all of our projects. This is part of my
      "help room proposal" http://www.helproom.org/proposal/