Re: Essay on Reason & Adulthood

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2009
      btpeele wrote:
      > About a year ago, I started this writing project and am now happy to
      > announce it is ready for public consumption. It's a collaborative
      > essay that sits somewhere between a tyranny-of-the-masses wiki and a
      > discrete finished individual work - so your input is welcomed and
      > valued. You can view it in its entirety online for free or buy it on
      > Amazon.
      >
      > Briefly, I explore the correlation between reason and adulthood,
      > asserting that adulthood begins when a human turns the eye of his
      > inquiry upon himself.
      >
      > reasonhood.com <http://reasonhood.com/>
      >
      > Would love to hear your thoughts!
      > bp

      Brandon Peele,

      Thank you for alerting us to your wiki / book http://reasonhood.com I
      share with several more of our Minciu Sodas groups. I'm organizing a
      culture of independent thinkers
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Charter
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Vision
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Strategy
      and when I'm thinking about education and self-learning, I'm realizing
      that I'd like to start with ethical lessons, how do we act in our
      culture and why? Your thoughts on adulthood are very relevant. I'm
      also wondering how they might relate to childhood. Jesus talks about
      the kingdom of heaven in terms of the child and the fool, which I think
      are the people who live without regard for experience.

      I'm glad that you've put your work online and you encourage comments. I
      wish that you didn't use the "share alike" license because it conflicts
      with the Public Domain, which is what we use at Minciu Sodas and
      Worknets for a culture of sharing.