Re: [mendenyo] It was just a strain

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2009
      Hi Sam

      I am sorry to hear you have been suffering, but very glad to hear you do not have a return of your previous serious illness.

      I am not able to read many of the Minciu Sodas posts at present, but I do notice that you mentioned a possible loan to cover the cost of bills. I read that the people connected with Grameen micro finance bank also tackled the problem of health care and paying bills. I read that they organised themselves to create a health insurance scheme.

      Here in the UK of course we have such a scheme on a national scale. We are all forced to make contributions to the National Health Service through our taxes (and naturally we all complain about the amount of taxes we have to pay to the government). However when we fall sick, then we forget about the taxes and we are glad that we can just go for treatment and know that the government will pick up the bill.

      I wonder if it would be helpful to study the Grameen model of health insurance and see if it might be applied in your area.
      I know things do not transfer directly from one culture to another. For example, Kazanka Comfort learned about running a micro-finance bank by going to Bangledesh and learning about the Grameen bank there, but she had to make many adjustments before she had the right kind of micro-finance programme for Fantsuam Foundation.

      I know that people often post requests for medical help at Minciu Sodas - but Minciu Sodas is not an organisation that has money to give - it is a 21st century organisation - and it has  a wealth of information not financial wealth.

      What do you think? Might it be worth finding out more about how the people in Bangladesh have tackled health insurance?

      Pam

      2009/10/13 Samwel Kongere <jambita1@...>

      Hello All,
      For your kind words, i am Okay, and would want to say the doctor said it was not an alarm but only a strain from veins and muscles.
      Samwel

      Social Community Network/Information Coordinator,
      Suba/Mbita-Kenya
      'Aliving hope is desire' When it is socially lived!