Dear Pamela, Andrius & friends:Greetings from Chicago!

  • bilingualnewspaper
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2009
      Greetings from Chicago!

      After a few years of depression, after a big betrayal of Andy Pincon, whom Andrius met him at Meda in Chicago. I'm ready to forgive & forget! Roll my sleeves.

      'd like to Join your group to help close the Digital Divide among the Latino Community in the USA & Latin America.

      Check out: http://www.AMERICAenEspanol.com

      http://www.BILINGUALMAGAZINE.COM

      Truly yours, your friend,

      Anthony Diaz
      Founder
      T: (773) 501.8390
      Editor@...
    • Edward Cherlin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2009
        On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 4:20 AM, bilingualnewspaper
        <Editor@...> wrote:
        > Greetings from Chicago!
        >
        > After a few years of depression, after a big betrayal of Andy Pincon, whom Andrius met him at Meda in Chicago.  I'm ready to forgive & forget! Roll my sleeves.

        I don't know this history, and probably don't need to know, but
        welcome back! ¡Hola!

        > 'd like to Join your group to help close the Digital Divide among the Latino Community in the USA & Latin America.
        >
        > Check out: http://www.AMERICAenEspanol.com

        Excellent.

        Are you aware of the contributions of One Laptop Per Child to
        education in Spanish? I volunteer with them, and with Sugar Labs,
        which creates the software. Here is a short version of the story.

        OLPC created the XO laptop to meet the needs of children in the
        poorest parts of the poorest countries, which means that it is
        excellent for children everywhere: rugged, low power, with the best
        education software in the world. It is in use in Uruguay, Peru,
        Mexico, and elsewhere in Latin America, and also in the US and many
        other countries, by more than a million children. We have an active
        user group in Chicago, and a Spanish language mailing list, OLPC-Sur.
        Gov. Pat Quinn of Illinois is interested in giving such a computer to
        every child in the state. His office is working with my organization,
        Earth Treasury, on some parts of this initiative. California has
        started to distribute digital textbooks at no cost, and there are
        other projects that relate to these needs.

        Here are some links to get you and your readers started. I would be
        happy to write an article for you.

        Peru: http://radian.org/notebook/astounded-in-arahuay

        OLPC: http://www.laptop.org/
        En Español: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki/lang-es

        Sugar Labs: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/
        En Español: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Getting_Started/lang-es

        OLPC News: http://www.olpcnews.com

        Earth Treasury: http://www.earthtreasury.org/

        Free textbooks: http://www.librarianchick.com/

        > http://www.BILINGUALMAGAZINE.COM
        >
        > Truly yours, your friend,
        >
        > Anthony Diaz
        > Founder
        > T: (773) 501.8390
        > Editor@...

        Since the declaration above has no legal force in the US,

        License: Creative Commons CC0 No Rights Reserved

        http://earthtreasury.org/
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2009
          Hi Anthony,

          Great to hear from you!
          I appreciate your help to start discussion in Spanish at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_ES/

          Also, I encourage you to link up with Charles Williams who is closing
          the digital divide in South Chicago
          http://www.servicesbywilliams.com
          http://www.shopsouthchicago.com
          See his article about David Ellison-Bey:
          http://www.shopsouthchicago.com/news.html

          David is losing his home to foreclosure. We wrote his hardship letter
          last year:
          http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2008/10/the-includerepisode-5hardship-letter005.html
          but the latest news is not good.
          I wish we could organize some help for him. He's a wonderful person
          http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?DavidEllison-Bey
          Perhaps you could call him (773) 874-3332 and even visit him?

          What are you thinking about?

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2009
            Charles,

            Thank you for your letter to Anthony and your concern for David and his
            losing home. I will talk with David and I hope he agrees that, as
            needed, I might pay you (my means are modest) to help him keep from
            losing his home. Perhaps others can help?

          • Benoit Couture
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2009
              Salut Andrius, David and all,

              Please allow me one of my thinking out loud that grows from the dreaming to the healing of humanity...

              This time around, it is regarding David's foreclosure, Andrius broken glasses from a punch, Minciu Sodas, me, Janet, where we are at now from the parts to the whole... and ... ( fill in the blanks as it suits you ) ...

              We are a crisis who is looking to invest ourselves into the opportunity of the answers...

              As I read about David's struggles in Chicago, knowing that he is part of the deepest roots of Minciu Sodas, I can't help, but to have my mind going into a spin that reaches all the way to the humble beiginnings of President Obama in Chicago's most pressing needed people, now sitting where from the view allows for David's plight to become an opportunity to him...

              Why dont we support collectively, David Ellison-Bey's short term's personal security, sanctity and well being, while we apply-invest ourselves to activate the long term answers to his needs and to the needs of the ones who find themselves in such personal dire straight, with a promotion that can draw President Obama's attention and interest for a genuine call to order?

              We can do so by embodying with David, the universal and adaptable socio-cultural policy that releases all of the values-endeavors-dreams needed, thereby demonstrating the direct linking of the one on one's possibility and potential offered by modern communication's technology?...

              ...call it Public Domain or whomever is actually ready to catch the wave of the Spirit's movement to assemble humanity from personal to communal, by encompassing the experience of  the knowledge of truth and love from micro to macro, while catalysing unity from local to global!

              We are a crisis who is looking to invest ourselves into the opportunity of the answers...

              As I read about David's struggles in Chicago, knowing that he is part of the deepest roots of Minciu Sodas, I can't help, but to have my mind going into a spin that reaches all the way to the humble beiginnings of President Obama in Chicago's most pressing needed people, now sitting where from the view allows for David's plight to become an opportunity to him...

              ...may all blessings be with us all...
              Benoit Couture
              Edmonton Canada

              Ps:  Regarding my boldness to reach the US Presidency as I speak of above, here is what I wrote during the last week, when someone wrote about a fist fight amongst a christian congregation who could not agree as to whom should lead: taken from an article at:

              My anser was:

              -- Unfortunately brother, this is a huge part of what is known as christianity.

              I was stunned to read about monastaries going against monastaries in the early church of Ireland, soon after Patrick had made great inroads with the gospel.

              I'm talking 4th century christianity, here!

              It seems that we have the choice to genuinely be assembled by God's glory in His presence or else we, as in "we" of the first nature, are dragged by our very own logic and senses, into conforming to doctrinal influence and its peer pressure empowerment systems (dominions, principalities, evil spirits in the heavenly realms), which sooner or later will reveal itself to be anything but the glory of God's presence and will in our midst.

              (...such is the exhorting to the US Presidency, in the last 50 years or so...and, more than ever with President Obama!!!)

              Much of what has come to be known as " christian leadership" has left behind servanthood and has grown instead into the high places of the world, where the flesh, the world and Satan go on distorting the Eternal's life with the promoting of the law of sin and of death.

              (...such is the Warning to the US Presidency, in the last 50 years or so...and, more than ever with President Obama!!!)

              Fist fights are one thing; how about weapons, terror and war such as Ireland and England and, come to think of it, the whole of Europe's history and most of christian history throughout humanity's geography really...

              “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Lk 12,32

              They, who are known of God and who know God from such knowledge, are few...
              ...intimacy with God is the most demanding and the most rewarding existance there is to live.

              sadly, in the growth of intimacy with God, too many go for the rewarding and forget about the demanding part, which is...

              ... the love production and delivery born of the love of Christ for humanity, that delivers us to love God all of our heart, all of our mind, all of our soul and all of our strength, and to treat our neighbour as ourself, so that our whole being gets to be energized from BEING into the worship of the Father's BEING,...,
              ...in truth and in spirit!

              - Dear Father in heaven, I supplicate You to emerge within our midst...the One born and grown of You, so that Your version of Jesus testimony may freely shine forth, for the whole planet to witness...Amen to Your Yes in us all...

              Benoit

              http://www.ms. lt
              ms@...