Re: Invitation - November 7th is our 5th annual celebration

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2009
      Pamela,
      Thank you for inviting us to celebrate with you at our worknets chat room:
      http://www.worknets.org/chat/ on Thursday, November 7th.
      This has been a great year for Dadamac. I encourage us to spread the
      word and think what we might do together. Ricardo has made great
      progress in publishing e-books for DVD players, for example. I'm also
      interested to learn our "life dreams" for an "economy of dreams" and how
      we might work in and with and around Dadamac.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
        Thanks Andrius for sharing the news of Dadamac Day. I look forward to close collaboration between Dadamac and Minciu Sodas. Maybe we can discuss the practicalities of that at the next First Thursday meeting.

        Dadamac day programme

        I recommend that anyone joining us for Dadamac day has a look at the proposed programme at http://www.dadamac.net/node/84
        Please also consider adding a comment at http://www.dadamac.net/node/86 to let us know if you can/can't/hope-to attend.

        Dadamac day practicalities

        I wonder if there is any limit on the number of participants that the chat room can handle. Andrius, would you give me feed back on that? We are inviting some people this time who are new contacts rather than just old friends so I do not want to risk any problems, through overloading the system. At present it is a completely open invitation, but If there might be a limit then we would need to consider prior registration or something (maybe leave it open - but  be ready with a "first come - first served" approach and not let any more people in if we had reached a certain number). What do you think?

        First Thursdays

        Regarding First Thursdays - I am delighted with the way they are going and appreciate very much the way we have been able to gradually establish them as a regular feature.

        I have been thinking about the October First Thursday meeting. Although we did not have a huge number of people, we did have a lot of interesting and important topics that they wished to discuss. Somehow we did not manage to address the topics effectively. On reflection I feel that, over time, First Thursdays have been gradually changing in their nature, and our fairly informal chat approach may not be the best approach now.

        Should we try a more formal structure for First Thursdays?

        I am wondering if the time has come to adopt a more formal structure for "First Thursdays". I have set up a discussion area where we can explore ideas on this  http://www.dadamac.net/forum/129 . I particularly invite comments from people who were at the October meeting with items they wished to discuss. This forum is to discuss how to structure First Thursdays and what topics people want to include.

        Diary dates
        Next first Thursday, November 5th. Dadamac Day November 7th

        Things are moving on - thank you Andrius for all your help and support - past, present, and future.

        Pam

        Pamela McLean wrote:
> [...]

        > For details of what is happening offline see
        > http://www.dadamac.net/node/90
        > If you feel like letting us know if you can attend or can't attend or
        > simply hope to attend if would be great to hear from you in advance at
        > http://www.dadamac.net/node/86
        >
        > Pam
        >
        > Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN
        > unless it explicitly states otherwise
        > http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
        >

        > Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
        > Change settings via the Web
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfromeachother/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJnb2c5c3ZsBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE3OTU2MTk4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA4MDcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjU1MzU2NTgz>
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest

      • ricardoolpc
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
          Hi Pam
          this is just to let you know I'll be at the Open Day.

          Ricardo