webstartAfrica

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009

      I have just heard about this organisation, enthusiastically recommended by Kabissa so it must be good. The information below comes from the website. Relevant if you  are "an African interested in computer science and innovative mobile and Web technologies".

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      webstartAfrica is a nonprofit organization that exists to serve and support African technologists and break down the barriers of access to technology in Africa.

      Membership

      Are you an African interested in computer science and innovative mobile and Web technologies? Would you like to grow professionally with the support of an organization? Consider becoming a member of webstartAfrica.

      Members are the primary recipients of webstartAfrica benefits. Our Members range from beginning students to hobbyists to veterans in various fields of technology. Certain criteria must be met in order to become a Member and receive benefits. The overall goal of becoming a Member is to grow professionally in your field of technology and to help build other Members up in community.

      Benefits

      The following benefits are for Members of webstartAfrica:

      • financial support towards education under computer science-related majors
      • mentoring and internship opportunities with webstartAfrica Partners
      • immense networking opportunities with like-minded individuals
      • support for attending tech-related conferences and events
      • professional development and support for personal projects

      Requirements

      • must be African (residence can be anywhere)
      • must be dedicated to computer science-related pursuits
      • must be responsible in working with webstartAfrica Partners

      Our organization serves its Members! It is our mission to see you mature professionally and succeed in your pursuits. As you read through the Member benefits and vision of webstartAfrica, consider also the fulfillment in working with other webstartAfrica Members and our Partners.

      Click here to sign up for Membership.