Re: Creative Work Law for the EU. We have the right to share!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26 1:18 PM
      Thom, Thank you for your letter! I included a recommendation in the
      draft of COMMUNIA policy recommendations, see:
      https://private.communia-project.eu/wiki/index.php/Policy_recommendations
      (username: communia_private; password: com9628mu)
      "Thom Hastings: Educating the public about the intricacies of copyright"
      I invite all to let me know of more recommendations to suggest at our
      Barcelona meeting of COMMUNIA on October 1-2, 2009.
      Thank you also Ananya for your letter!
      For our lab's purposes, you can put your work in the Public Domain
      simply by using any of our venues (mailing lists, wikis, chat room)
      because they are all marked as "Public Domain except as noted".
      Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@..., +370 699
      30003

      tghastings@... wrote:
      > I have a passion for public domain materials which are, quite directly, free knowledge. I have blogged on the topic at http://thomhastings.com/blog and personally believe that a healthy public domain is vital to the future of the human race.
      >
      > On that note, I want to suggest that the most important issue surrounding the public domain is a lack of common public knowledge around copyright law and all the intricacies therein.
      >
      > Time and time again I find myself explaining the 'copyleft' movement, or pointing people toward 'RiP! a remix manifesto' to better educate themselves on the subject.
      >
      > I often wonder what better ways there might be to bring the general public up-to-speed on this important issue. I am open to all feedback.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Thom Hastings

      Dear Andrius,

      Thanks. Yes we should write expressing our views, which the public and
      see and give further inputs. By the way how I go about writing in the
      Public Domain? We have the right to share, and care!

      Regards,

      Ananya S Guha.