What ebooks do we want in Africa? for mobile phones and DVD players

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2009
      Ricardo,

      Your work is great, and ultimately, very practical.

      I think our weak link so far is trying this out on-the-ground in
      Africa. I got paid for my final payment for the blog for the Includer.
      This means that I can look for clients through the end of the year. I
      can reserve a small amount for our own projects on the ground,
      especially with people like Fred Kayiwa who have been helping online at
      our help room and wikis, and likewise Josephat Ndibalema and William
      Wambura have been active at our wikis. After I finish my taxes I want
      to set up a point system to help make evident who has been active at our
      chat room, wiki, mailing lists, and likewise, who has been responding to
      others and helping with our tasks
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Tasks Everybody would earn points and
      then they could give their points to others (such as Fred) as they
      choose or agree and if Fred accumulates enough points then he would get
      paid work on projects. I hope to have this up in a couple of weeks, but
      it reflects what I'd like to do so that it's more clear how I'd like us
      to work together and how we'd like to support each other in our "economy
      of dreams".

      I encourage us all to think about a reading list of readings (and audio
      and movies) that we recommend for sharing (and translating or
      paraphrasing). Ricardo, here's a text to try to publish:

      Take a look at the Ecovilage Design Curriculum:
      http://www.gaiaeducation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=71
      http://gen.ecovillage.org/iservices/index_gennews.html
      especially what might be relevant in Africa?
      * Wikipedia articles, especially in sustainable agriculture
      * Kiswahili articles in Wikipedia http://sw.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mwanzo
      * Patrick Bunyali Kamoyani's website in Swahili
      http://swahili.food-security.info/
      * children's books
      * I like Ming's blog http://ming.tv and it is in the Public Domain
      * Factor E Farm videos, blogs, photos, Marcin has said that it's Public
      Domain http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/

      We need guidance especially from our participants in Africa!

      +370 699 30003