Re: Fred: sad times in Kampala

  • kayiwa fred
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 12, 2009
      Thanks Ken for your Concern
       am still fine though not working because in the city center every building is closed
      i appreciate any support from you in Italy
      i guess right ow we need your prayers and also my little brother who was Injured and stolen his mattress as he was heading to boarding school
      he needs support of any kind may be if you can mobilize some support for him he is just 13 yrs and he is still in hospital now

      Act

      From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
      To: onereachinganother@ yahoogroups. com, "help group" <holistichelping@ yahoogroups. com>, "learningfromeachot her" <learningfromeachoth er@yahoogroups. com>, mendenyo@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 1:08 AM

      Fred,

      I'm glad that you are safe. I'm sad for your news. I pray for you and
      all the people of Kampala.

      Please keep us posted how we can help.

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...

      kayiwa fred wrote:
      > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
      > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
      > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
      > keep praying for us
      >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
      >
      > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
      capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
      > and now cios started
      > several people have been killed,
      > there is no stable conditions up to now
      > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
      central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
      things

      > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
      including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

      > there are also people who died not sure who is who
      >
      > am safe home in my room
      > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
      on stand still now

    • Peter Burgess
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 12, 2009
        Dear Colleagues

        I am sorry to learn from you about the tensions in Uganda. My first
        friends from Africa were from Uganda (Buganda). Prince Peter was at my
        college (Sidney Sussex) and his sister Princess Elizabeth was at
        Girton. I have followed the the story of Uganda with interest and
        concern ever since, and some of my present activities are driven by
        the sad outcomes that prevail in so many places.

        Sincerely

        Peter
        ___________
        Peter Burgess
        Tr-Ac-Net Inc ... The Transparency and Accountability Network
        Community Analytics (CA)
        Integrated Malaria Management (IMM)
        Microfinance Focus Magazine in New York
        website: www.tr-ac-net.org
        tel: 917 432 1191 or 212 772 6918 or 212 744 6469
        email: peterbnyc@...
        skype: peterburgessnyc
        Books: Search Peter Burgess at www.lulu.com

        On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 5:19 AM, kayiwa fred <fdkayiwa@...> wrote:

        > “People have heard us talking about federo and having some powers at Mengo. What we are trying to agitate for is justice. During the colonial times, colonialists at least tried to practice justice. I think they have failed to understand what we mean. You should answer them that federo is all about justice and truth, and this is what we want”.
        >
        > Truth And Justice is of course the motto of the Democratic Party. Tom and other here you can find the History of  Buganda the loving place ever
        > http://www.buganda.com
        > http://www.uganda.com/
      • Samwel Kongere
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 13, 2009
          Oh Fred,
          I have read these sad news in the dailies and through the radio that 9 people are already killed in Kampala city. Where exactly from Rubaga or Lubiri barracks or south street, Namirembe roads!? I remember such lootings in January 1986 along Owino market across the water tunnel into the most busiest south street, along Wandengeya roads towards Mackere University. I was stuck at Kampala High school for three days when passing through old Kampala to Mengo Kisenye direction was full of injured people , looters everywhere in the hilly/valley city along blueroom, where i used to go dancing!
          We are praying for you, my children wife Lillian and Ken's sister Millicent had along prayer for you. They all feel a shamed of our leaders!

          Ken, Kenneth, Steve, Chris, Nafsi members and All our Lecce brothers, please as you enjoy at The Salento region. I am sending my hearty regards to Irene, Thomas, Kamlesh, where are the two ladies we traveled with to Rome? I miss Lecce!!! And the beaches the chicken my favourite dish in Lecce 2008. As you travel back to central Italy later in the month tell Mama to call me.. We prayed for you, and Emilly in Bahrain. I am burning to hear what happend in Agape, Prali, Perosa Angentina, Torino and the cold night when i acted as the watchman.
          We wish you the best!
          Samwel.

> [...]
          >

          > > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded
          > al over the
          >
          > capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle
          > with the govt
          >
          > > and now cios started
          >
          > > several people have been killed,
          >
          > > there is no stable conditions up to now
          >
          > > however, the militaly have taken over the city
          > and every where in
          >
          > central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people
          > from rooting
          >
          > things
          >

          > > at least our staffs, properties have been
          > destroyed and stolen
          >
          > including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place
          > of work
          >

          > > there are also people who died not sure who is
          > who
          >

          > > am safe home in my room
          >
          > > i look an escape from town center and run home

        • kayiwa fred
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 13, 2009
            Hi all my friends
            I want to Bring my  appreciation for your Prayers, and peace wishing messages towards the Kampala saga,
            as per now things looks better as if there has not been fighting and shooting of bullets
            I have passed the City going to school and see every one is back at his/her work
            I rely feel sorry for the loss of lives and properties.

            Thanks to Davis Wendi who have been giving us some history of this ciaos and the back ground of Uganda's problems

> [...]

            > > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded
            > al over the
            >
            > capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle
            > with the govt
            >
            > > and now cios started
            >
            > > several people have been killed,
            >
            > > there is no stable conditions up to now
            >
            > > however, the militaly have taken over the city
            > and every where in
            >
            > central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people
            > from rooting
            >
            > things
            >

            > > at least our staffs, properties have been
            > destroyed and stolen
            >
            > including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place
            > of work
            >

            > > there are also people who died not sure who is
            > who
            >

            > > am safe home in my room
            >
            > > i look an escape from town center and run home

          • Dan Otedo
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009

              We are devastated here at the Suba Youth Resource Centre.

              Thieves broke into the centre the previous night and made away with seven desktop computers and one laptop. This is a BIG setback! The night before that, someone had the audacity to pull from the ground and sever off, 20 meters of the armored electric cable which supplies electricity to the centre! There has been only a few hours of electricity in Mbita due to the chronic power rationing. We are glad though that the E-granary remained .May be the thieves thought it was not as useful as the computers given its size.

              What amazes us is the courage the thieves had, emptying our cupboards and desks and throwing paper all over .Thievery of such magnitude is unheard of in Mbita .The police are already investigating  the theft. We will keep everyone posted about what unfolds in the next few weeks.

              This theft has taken place one day after Paul Okoth; the centre coordinator went for a 3 week Digital Village Managers training at by the Kenya ICT Board at Migori TTC http://www.ict.go.ke. Paul himself is distraught given since he has been so very dedicated to the Suba Centre. Paul has been our security man of sorts (using a sleeping bag every night at the centre. I will be travelling from Nairobi to Mbita to see what is happening.

              Dan Andrew Otedo.
              SYRC/Kenya ICT Trust Fund
              P.O Box 18 code 40305.Cell phone :+254720366094.

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009
                Dan, I'm very sorry to hear your very sad news. You are constantly
                overcoming challenges and it's very cruel and unfair. This makes your
                determination all the more valuable. I'm glad that you've called the
                police. Thank you for including us. Andrius, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

                Dan Otedo wrote:

                > We are devastated here at the Suba Youth Resource Centre.
                >
                > Thieves broke into the centre the previous night and made away with
                > seven desktop computers and one laptop. This is a BIG setback! The
                > night before that, someone had the audacity to pull from the ground
                > and sever off, 20 meters of the armored electric cable which supplies
                > electricity to the centre! There has been only a few hours of
                > electricity in Mbita due to the chronic power rationing. We are glad
                > though that the E-granary remained .May be the thieves thought it was
                > not as useful as the computers given its size.
                >

                > What amazes us is the courage the thieves had, emptying our cupboards
                > and desks and throwing paper all over .Thievery of such magnitude is
                > unheard of in Mbita .The police are already investigating the
                > theft. We will keep everyone posted about what unfolds in the next few
                > weeks.
                >

                > This theft has taken place one day after Paul Okoth; the centre
                > coordinator went for a 3 week Digital Village Managers training at by
                > the Kenya ICT Board at Migori TTC http://www.ict.go.ke
                > <http://www.ict.go.ke/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=133>.
                > Paul himself is distraught given since he has been so very dedicated
                > to the Suba Centre. Paul has been our security man of sorts (using a
                > sleeping bag every night at the centre. I will be travelling from
                > Nairobi to Mbita to see what is happening.
                >

                > *Dan Andrew Otedo.*
                > SYRC/Kenya ICT Trust Fund
                > P.O Box 18 code 40305.Cell phone :+254720366094.
                >
                > //

              • Kennedy Owino
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009
                  Dear Dan,

                  Am really sorry for the unfortunate circumstance.
                  It is trully a draw back and an act that discourage development.
                  Am praying that the Police investigations yield some leads to arresting the thieves and recovering the stolen items.
                  Am together with you, keep your faith strong.

                  Peace,

                  Ken Owino
                  NAfsi Africa Acrobats
                  www.nafsiafrica.org