Fred: sad times in Kampala

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 11, 2009
      Fred,

      I'm glad that you are safe. I'm sad for your news. I pray for you and
      all the people of Kampala.

      Please keep us posted how we can help.

      kayiwa fred wrote:
      > http://www.newvision.co.ug/
      > http://www.newvision.co.ug/
      > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
      > keep praying for us
      >
      > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
      capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
      > and now cios started
      > several people have been killed,
      > there is no stable conditions up to now
      > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
      central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
      things

      > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
      including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

      > there are also people who died not sure who is who
      >
      > am safe home in my room
      > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
      on stand still now

    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 11, 2009
        Tiagas is every where, i have just been called that my little brother william was going to school he was hit, and he is in hospital now
        i need to find out how to reach there he is just 13 yrs
        he needs protection

        http://www.ms. lt
        ms@...

        kayiwa fred wrote:
        > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
        > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
        > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
        > keep praying for us
        >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
        >
        > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
        capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
        > and now cios started
        > several people have been killed,
        > there is no stable conditions up to now
        > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
        central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
        things

        > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
        including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

        > there are also people who died not sure who is who
        >
        > am safe home in my room
        > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
        on stand still now

      • kayiwa fred
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 11, 2009
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8249809.stm

          kayiwa fred wrote:
          > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
          > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
          > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
          > keep praying for us
          >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
          >
          > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
          capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
          > and now cios started
          > several people have been killed,
          > there is no stable conditions up to now
          > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
          central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
          things

          > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
          including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

          > there are also people who died not sure who is who
          >
          > am safe home in my room
          > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
          on stand still now

        • Dan Otedo
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 11, 2009
            Fred,
            We share in your grief.The people seem very bitter.It seems Kampala and  Uganda in general, is not a haven of peace that we have always thought it to be .I suspect this has to do with people living a life full of socio-economic deceipt.Africa is full of corruption and mismanagement  that sometimes result in social eruption like we have witnessed in many places.
            We in Kenya saw it and I feel deeply disturbed when such things occur due to failure of leaders(at various levels) to be socilally accountble  for their actions.
            Please stay away from touble if you can .My heartfelt sympathies for your brother.

             Otedo.
            SYC/OHR/Kenya ICT Trust Fund
            P.O Box 18 code 40305.Cell phone :+254720366094.

            kayiwa fred wrote:
            > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
            > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
            > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
            > keep praying for us
            >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
            >
            > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
            capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
            > and now cios started
            > several people have been killed,
            > there is no stable conditions up to now
            > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
            central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
            things

            > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
            including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

            > there are also people who died not sure who is who
            >
            > am safe home in my room
            > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
            on stand still now

          • tom ochuka
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 11, 2009
              SORRY Fred,
               We had plans to visit Ugand aand see u still will make it pole sana,We hope the situatio change athts the trouble with mogingo,we are asking why the president is behaving badly he feels insecure politicaly maybe,whats wrong with kabakas visit.
              Dan Otedo give us history on buganda kingdom please ?
              Tom Ochuka

              kayiwa fred wrote:
              > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
              > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
              > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
              > keep praying for us
              >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
              >
              > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
              capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
              > and now cios started
              > several people have been killed,
              > there is no stable conditions up to now
              > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
              central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
              things

              > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
              including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

              > there are also people who died not sure who is who
              >
              > am safe home in my room
              > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
              on stand still now

            • kayiwa fred
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 12, 2009
                “People have heard us talking about federo and having some powers at Mengo. What we are trying to agitate for is justice. During the colonial times, colonialists at least tried to practice justice. I think they have failed to understand what we mean. You should answer them that federo is all about justice and truth, and this is what we want”.

                Truth And Justice is of course the motto of the Democratic Party. Tom and other here you can find the History of  Buganda the loving place ever
                http://www.buganda.com

                http://www.uganda.com/

                kayiwa fred wrote:
                > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
                > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
                > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
                > keep praying for us
                >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
                >
                > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
                capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
                > and now cios started
                > several people have been killed,
                > there is no stable conditions up to now
                > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
                central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
                things

                > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
                including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

                > there are also people who died not sure who is who
                >
                > am safe home in my room
                > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
                on stand still now

              • Kennedy Owino
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 12, 2009
                  DEar FRed,

                  I am well behind the ongoings, i don't watch television much and quite busy.
                  Chris informed me yesterday about the sad happenings in Uganda.
                  I really feel it and reminds me of the unfortunate violence that rocked Kenya.
                  We are together with you in Prayers, please be safe.
                  Let us know how we can help you here in Italy.
                  The Kenyan community here in Lecce are equally saddened by what is happening to our brothers and Sisters in Uganda.

                  Peace,

                  Ken Owino
                  Nafsi Africa Acrobats
                  www.nafsiafrica.org
                  +393407796528

                  kayiwa fred wrote:
                  > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
                  > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
                  > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
                  > keep praying for us
                  >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
                  >
                  > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
                  capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
                  > and now cios started
                  > several people have been killed,
                  > there is no stable conditions up to now
                  > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
                  central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
                  things

                  > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
                  including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

                  > there are also people who died not sure who is who
                  >
                  > am safe home in my room
                  > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
                  on stand still now

                • kayiwa fred
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 12, 2009
                    Thanks Ken for your Concern
                     am still fine though not working because in the city center every building is closed
                    i appreciate any support from you in Italy
                    i guess right ow we need your prayers and also my little brother who was Injured and stolen his mattress as he was heading to boarding school
                    he needs support of any kind may be if you can mobilize some support for him he is just 13 yrs and he is still in hospital now

                    Act

                    kayiwa fred wrote:
                    > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
                    > http://www.newvisio n.co.ug/
                    > if u where in kampala u wont like the stuation
                    > keep praying for us
                    >----------- --------- --------- --------- ---
                    >
                    > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded al over the
                    capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle with the govt
                    > and now cios started
                    > several people have been killed,
                    > there is no stable conditions up to now
                    > however, the militaly have taken over the city and every where in
                    central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people from rooting
                    things

                    > at least our staffs, properties have been destroyed and stolen
                    including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place of work

                    > there are also people who died not sure who is who
                    >
                    > am safe home in my room
                    > i look an escape from town center and run home and everything is
                    on stand still now

                  • Peter Burgess
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 12, 2009
                      Dear Colleagues

                      I am sorry to learn from you about the tensions in Uganda. My first
                      friends from Africa were from Uganda (Buganda). Prince Peter was at my
                      college (Sidney Sussex) and his sister Princess Elizabeth was at
                      Girton. I have followed the the story of Uganda with interest and
                      concern ever since, and some of my present activities are driven by
                      the sad outcomes that prevail in so many places.

                      Sincerely

                      Peter
                      ___________
                      Peter Burgess
                      Tr-Ac-Net Inc ... The Transparency and Accountability Network
                      Community Analytics (CA)
                      Integrated Malaria Management (IMM)
                      Microfinance Focus Magazine in New York
                      website: www.tr-ac-net.org
                      tel: 917 432 1191 or 212 772 6918 or 212 744 6469
                      email: peterbnyc@...
                      skype: peterburgessnyc
                      Books: Search Peter Burgess at www.lulu.com

                      On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 5:19 AM, kayiwa fred <fdkayiwa@...> wrote:

                      > “People have heard us talking about federo and having some powers at Mengo. What we are trying to agitate for is justice. During the colonial times, colonialists at least tried to practice justice. I think they have failed to understand what we mean. You should answer them that federo is all about justice and truth, and this is what we want”.
                      >
                      > Truth And Justice is of course the motto of the Democratic Party. Tom and other here you can find the History of  Buganda the loving place ever
                      > http://www.buganda.com
                      > http://www.uganda.com/
                    • Samwel Kongere
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 13, 2009
                        Oh Fred,
                        I have read these sad news in the dailies and through the radio that 9 people are already killed in Kampala city. Where exactly from Rubaga or Lubiri barracks or south street, Namirembe roads!? I remember such lootings in January 1986 along Owino market across the water tunnel into the most busiest south street, along Wandengeya roads towards Mackere University. I was stuck at Kampala High school for three days when passing through old Kampala to Mengo Kisenye direction was full of injured people , looters everywhere in the hilly/valley city along blueroom, where i used to go dancing!
                        We are praying for you, my children wife Lillian and Ken's sister Millicent had along prayer for you. They all feel a shamed of our leaders!

                        Ken, Kenneth, Steve, Chris, Nafsi members and All our Lecce brothers, please as you enjoy at The Salento region. I am sending my hearty regards to Irene, Thomas, Kamlesh, where are the two ladies we traveled with to Rome? I miss Lecce!!! And the beaches the chicken my favourite dish in Lecce 2008. As you travel back to central Italy later in the month tell Mama to call me.. We prayed for you, and Emilly in Bahrain. I am burning to hear what happend in Agape, Prali, Perosa Angentina, Torino and the cold night when i acted as the watchman.
                        We wish you the best!
                        Samwel.

> [...]
                        >

                        > > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded
                        > al over the
                        >
                        > capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle
                        > with the govt
                        >
                        > > and now cios started
                        >
                        > > several people have been killed,
                        >
                        > > there is no stable conditions up to now
                        >
                        > > however, the militaly have taken over the city
                        > and every where in
                        >
                        > central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people
                        > from rooting
                        >
                        > things
                        >

                        > > at least our staffs, properties have been
                        > destroyed and stolen
                        >
                        > including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place
                        > of work
                        >

                        > > there are also people who died not sure who is
                        > who
                        >

                        > > am safe home in my room
                        >
                        > > i look an escape from town center and run home

                      • kayiwa fred
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 13, 2009
                          Hi all my friends
                          I want to Bring my  appreciation for your Prayers, and peace wishing messages towards the Kampala saga,
                          as per now things looks better as if there has not been fighting and shooting of bullets
                          I have passed the City going to school and see every one is back at his/her work
                          I rely feel sorry for the loss of lives and properties.

                          Thanks to Davis Wendi who have been giving us some history of this ciaos and the back ground of Uganda's problems

> [...]

                          > > it was yesterday at 2pm when the news sarounded
                          > al over the
                          >
                          > capital city in uganda that their Kingdom is in wrangle
                          > with the govt
                          >
                          > > and now cios started
                          >
                          > > several people have been killed,
                          >
                          > > there is no stable conditions up to now
                          >
                          > > however, the militaly have taken over the city
                          > and every where in
                          >
                          > central uganda to cool down the mob justice and stop people
                          > from rooting
                          >
                          > things
                          >

                          > > at least our staffs, properties have been
                          > destroyed and stolen
                          >
                          > including the scaner, printer and monitor screen at place
                          > of work
                          >

                          > > there are also people who died not sure who is
                          > who
                          >

                          > > am safe home in my room
                          >
                          > > i look an escape from town center and run home

                        • Dan Otedo
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009

                            We are devastated here at the Suba Youth Resource Centre.

                            Thieves broke into the centre the previous night and made away with seven desktop computers and one laptop. This is a BIG setback! The night before that, someone had the audacity to pull from the ground and sever off, 20 meters of the armored electric cable which supplies electricity to the centre! There has been only a few hours of electricity in Mbita due to the chronic power rationing. We are glad though that the E-granary remained .May be the thieves thought it was not as useful as the computers given its size.

                            What amazes us is the courage the thieves had, emptying our cupboards and desks and throwing paper all over .Thievery of such magnitude is unheard of in Mbita .The police are already investigating  the theft. We will keep everyone posted about what unfolds in the next few weeks.

                            This theft has taken place one day after Paul Okoth; the centre coordinator went for a 3 week Digital Village Managers training at by the Kenya ICT Board at Migori TTC http://www.ict.go.ke. Paul himself is distraught given since he has been so very dedicated to the Suba Centre. Paul has been our security man of sorts (using a sleeping bag every night at the centre. I will be travelling from Nairobi to Mbita to see what is happening.

                            Dan Andrew Otedo.
                            SYRC/Kenya ICT Trust Fund

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009
                              Dan, I'm very sorry to hear your very sad news. You are constantly
                              overcoming challenges and it's very cruel and unfair. This makes your
                              determination all the more valuable. I'm glad that you've called the
                              police. Thank you for including us. Andrius, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

                              Dan Otedo wrote:

                              > We are devastated here at the Suba Youth Resource Centre.
                              >
                              > Thieves broke into the centre the previous night and made away with
                              > seven desktop computers and one laptop. This is a BIG setback! The
                              > night before that, someone had the audacity to pull from the ground
                              > and sever off, 20 meters of the armored electric cable which supplies
                              > electricity to the centre! There has been only a few hours of
                              > electricity in Mbita due to the chronic power rationing. We are glad
                              > though that the E-granary remained .May be the thieves thought it was
                              > not as useful as the computers given its size.
                              >

                              > What amazes us is the courage the thieves had, emptying our cupboards
                              > and desks and throwing paper all over .Thievery of such magnitude is
                              > unheard of in Mbita .The police are already investigating the
                              > theft. We will keep everyone posted about what unfolds in the next few
                              > weeks.
                              >

                              > This theft has taken place one day after Paul Okoth; the centre
                              > coordinator went for a 3 week Digital Village Managers training at by
                              > the Kenya ICT Board at Migori TTC http://www.ict.go.ke
                              > <http://www.ict.go.ke/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=133>.
                              > Paul himself is distraught given since he has been so very dedicated
                              > to the Suba Centre. Paul has been our security man of sorts (using a
                              > sleeping bag every night at the centre. I will be travelling from
                              > Nairobi to Mbita to see what is happening.
                              >

                              > *Dan Andrew Otedo.*
                              > SYRC/Kenya ICT Trust Fund
                              > P.O Box 18 code 40305.Cell phone :+254720366094.
                              >
                              > //

                            • Kennedy Owino
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 16, 2009
                                Dear Dan,

                                Am really sorry for the unfortunate circumstance.
                                It is trully a draw back and an act that discourage development.
                                Am praying that the Police investigations yield some leads to arresting the thieves and recovering the stolen items.
                                Am together with you, keep your faith strong.

                                Peace,

                                Ken Owino
                                NAfsi Africa Acrobats
                                www.nafsiafrica.org