Kiswahili learning materials for Sustainable Agriculture? Chat?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      I encourage us to write about our life dreams. What would we like to do
      with our lives? What role would we like to play? How would we like to live?

      Today I chatted with Josephat Ndibalema of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania who I
      think has been key in the success of the Uyoga youth association.

      "I dream to become a human rights advocate, and most of my activities
      (creating wiki pages) at MinciuSodas is focusing on the subject. I
      believe that right to education is an enabling right. And also believe
      that most people, especially the poor, they easily learn and understand
      when taught in their local language. I dream to promote Kiswahili
      language use, not only in Tanzania but also in other countries in the
      east and central africa. We can use Kiswahili wiki in swahili speaking
      countries, to share ideas in Kiswahili language."

      Joseph's interest prompted me to fix our Kiswahili wiki which now works
      at http://www.worknets.org/sw/ and we're invited to help translate the
      Open Knowledge Definition
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?OpenKnowledgeDefinition/Kiswahili

      Joseph asks, May be it will be a good idea to share about Decide what
      information should of priority when developing the *Kiswahili* wiki, we
      can arrange some chat on this endeavour.

      I found a note below from Patrick Bunyali Kamoyani about his Kiswahili
      booklets on food security http://swahili.food-security.info

      Samwel, would it be helpful to collect and/or create Kiswahili learning
      materials about sustainable agriculture?

      We could also try to publish such materials as JPG files or MPG movies
      which could be watched (and read) on DVD players or mobile phones.
      Ricardo and I are working on such a possibility
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?OnlineTextConverter Today I tried to
      install ImageMagick on our server but I ran into a problem with a
      dependency on a package.

      Pamela, perhaps at your Thursday chat (13:00 London , 15:00 Nairobi
      http://www.worknets.org/chat/) we could chat about our Dreams and
      Endeavors and how we might link them as we work on them. And also I
      would gladly train us all how to help with our Tasks
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Tasks and we can add more to that list,
      whatever is helpful for us. I'm training us how to do these tasks, and
      training the trainers, so that you can also be ready to join us the next
      time we get paid work for our teams. If you help with our tasks, then
      we'll help your dreams, too!

      +370 699 30003

      Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:04:33 UTC PatrickBunyaliKamoyani: Dear Andrius, I
      must say I am happy to learn of your great work and assistance. I am a
      Kenyan and we have really experienced rough time the previous three
      weeks after the results of a flawed election. At least there is some
      calm where I come from (Maragoli) but neighbouring districts of Nandi
      and Kisumu are still tense. I have now resumed my work, I translate
      booklets on Agriculture and General foodsecurity. The documents are
      freely downloadable from a website hosted by a friend in U.K. You may
      visit it www.food-security.info or the swahili window
      swahili.food-security.info Once more thank you for enabling me get
      airtime for my phone when we really needed it. with kind regards,
      P.B Kamoyani