Grundtvig mobility Video lessons project?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2009
      Franz and all,

      I spoke today with Edita Treciokiene, she coordinates Lithuania's
      participation in the European Union Grundtvig adult education mobility
      programs. http://www.smpf.lt She follows our Minciu Sodas activity in
      Lithuanian and is very supportive.

      In January, Franz and I submitted proposals to our national Grundtvig
      programs. Franz's proposal for a video bridge workshop won funding and
      so Zenonas and I will be traveling in January to Vienna to participate
      there. My proposal for creating worksheets for fighting peacefully
      didn't win funding but was approved if they get more money (so far 6 of
      13 are being funded).

      I asked about upcoming deadlines. Edita said that February or March of
      next year will be the deadline for the next mobility grants. The theme
      for the year is social integration and she said that our work in rural
      areas is very relevant. She encouraged applying. The program will
      provide 15,500 EUR for 12 trips over 2 years and also for accomplishing
      some small project. The partner countries need to be in the EU plus
      Iceland etc. but also Croatia and Bosnia are now welcome. She also
      noted my art work and that we can involve the arts.

      I suggested that we share experiences about creating video lessons for
      adults. Each of the partners could share knowledge about some technical
      aspect and also some topic on which they are creating video lessons and
      also work with real adult students. She said that is fine but to be
      sure to stress social integration, namely that we're helping rural
      people live fuller lives. Which is the point of Global Villages (!) We
      can also write about the shortage of content. And as I'm writing up
      Minciu Sodas's business charter (now required in Lithuania) I should
      emphasize our mission in adult education.

      Franz, what do you think? What kind of Grundtvig mobility project might
      be most relevant for you and the Global Villages Network?

      Also, can we start creating pages for the Global Villages Network at
      http://www.globalvillages.info ?