Re: learningfromeachother Samwel Kongere

  • Dan Otedo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14 4:54 PM

      Community projects we work to promote need something more than an array of interesting anecdotes peddled by impostors who for long have assumed savoir-faire position in our communities. It is interesting that ICT’s offer this unbridled opportunity, making many good intentioned but gullible benefactors be ensnared by the overtures by people they have blindly trusted.

      This in my view, does not institutionalize solution giving initiatives. May be our information ecosystem is configured to predominantly address ‘what’ of the past performance. This has the risk of making us spend a disproportionate amount of time and resources focused on the rearview mirror.

      There however is the option of having a visibility what lies ahead. That is why insights are essential. Insights work similar to headlights that illuminate the road ahead to reduce risks and potential hazards.

      Thought I have not been particularly asked to work in a particular way and would have very much loved to work within the perimeters you have stipulated, the conflicts in our value systems(sadly at times ) make it almost impossible for us to work like you have recommended.

      You have rightly used the word catalyst in referring to Sam Kongere.I do not begrudge that, except when the catalyst destroys itself in a reaction. I have been to Rusinga Island countless times, the last one being when Suba youth resource Centre Hosted a team of Six Educators from Teachers without borders Canada. If all those from the Mbita region as Jactone Arijah, Peter Ongele, Peter Ogweno of Mina Academy,Francis Opiyo and Ken Onyango of CISSO and the youths of Suba youth Resource centre like Paul Oduor,Beatrice Ayalo,Steve Wanga, Sale Diella   among others will testify to having seen a single Community Acess centre set up by Samuel Kongere ,then I will willingly and voluntarily quit the MS lab as I shall have outlived my usefulness here. Perhaps it is for the same reason I never able to send or receive steams from Mendenyo…. By being unsubscribed!

      But why do I fight? Whom do I fight for? Samuel Kongere has to account for thousands of shillings given to him by a benefactor on behalf of the Suba Youth Resource Centre and some for Nyamuga Acess point. I have had a heck of time more than a year,restraining the youth at Suba Youth resource Centre from taking law into their hands as much as we have been patient of not instituting a fraud case against Sam. We are ready to do this any moment now.

      But the point here is, to what degree has our reporting enhanced efficiency and value in the ecosystem that is the communities we work in? I challenge Sam, give Suba centre its monies and also to get me back in mendenyo. However, I doubt he would do either, which leaves SYRC with one option.

      Alas, the issue of community impact accountancy and audit of our work remains a thorn in the flesh for many of us, as seen in the arrogance by with which we sometimes trivialize such issues. I have seen and talked to several of the MS lab members in Mbita who are in the loop about this issue. While some feel that we should leave this matter and consign it into the graveyard of the forgotten, I have ready answers to give to the frauded Suba Centre in whose name the monies were given.

      The Suba Youth Resource Centre will not to be dwarfed by unnecessary hiccups caused by inappropriate conduct by a Sam Kongere. Our resolve to work as a team has the increased insight of making us make decisions faster, plan effectively and facilitate growth in our community.Have a fraudless day.

      Dan Andrew Otedo.
      SYC/OHR/Kenya ICT Trust Fund
      P.O Box 18 code 40305.Cell phone :+254720366094.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14 10:37 PM
        Dan Otedo,

        Thank you for writing. You inform us of serious problems that you see
        in Samwel Kongere's conduct locally. He mentioned that although you had
        worked together for several years, I think rather closely, in the last
        year you had a falling out.

        Your letter is helpful because you are more concrete and specific than
        what I've read in other critiques from Africa which can be cryptic. As
        I wrote, I am keen that Samwel start a Worknets lab where he lives.
        This means that his life will be open to such critique and I will work
        with him in every way so that he can withstand it.

        Samwel has understood very well my wish to see him grow. In many
        projects, he has shown his values and interests, his questions that he's
        pursued, which I wrote about. He's provided a lot of results - I have
        learned a lot - from the small projects that he's worked on for our lab.

        My whole purpose of Minciu Sodas is to support independent thinkers like
        Samwel. I'm not here to "save the world" or worry about the poor people
        of his area. My goal is simply to allow him to participate on an equal
        footing with Franz, Janet, Benoit, Pamela and all of the other
        independent thinkers. He's valued that opportunity and contributed
        enormously to his and our own growth. He could be a criminal in jail
        and it wouldn't change much as far as Minciu Sodas is concerned.

        I was glad to meet Samwel in London and happy that Pamela McLean and
        Maria Agnese Giraudo have enjoyed meeting him in Africa. Certainly, he
        has been key in getting us going in Tanzania. I don't think he's
        perfect, but over the years he's responded well to my critiques of him.
        He's asked very little of me and created a lot of value and also focused
        on his dreams rather than just go where money might pull him.

        Whereas I know practically nothing about you or your values. Minciu
        Sodas is a place for investigation. What are questions that you don't
        know the answer to, but wish to answer? What is your plan of investigation?

        Dan, thank you for bringing out this conversation. Perhaps others will
        write as you say they can. For me, the relevance is, do we want to work
        together? Please know that Samwel is central to my own activity in
        Africa. As a leader of a Worknets lab, he agrees to be open to include
        and support all investigators, and I and ultimately others will support
        his leadership.

        Dan, I don't see any faith or interest on your part that Samwel grow as
        a leader. If you don't, then I think it's fair that he not include you
        in Mendenyo. The purpose of that group is to support his growth as a
        leader.

        I encourage us to write if we have any problems working with Samwel. In
        some cases, we might be able to work together to improve the situation.
        In others, we might work around him. Samwel's lab is an outgrowth of
        our work together and his leadership at Minciu Sodas over the years.
        It's not based on his standing in his local community, which I hope
        flourishes, but rather his standing in our online community, or simply
        him and me.

        Thank you,

        +370 699 30003
        Dukiskes, Lithuania

      • Benoit Couture
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15 3:13 AM
          Salut everyone,

          It looks like we have arrived at our own version of the question of "which comes first, the chichen or the egg"?
          In our case, "which comes first, thinking or the thinker?"

          and

          "...how and where do independent thinking and independent thinkers fit with God, sanity and genuine service to humanity?"

          Be it on a personal level or communal or local or global or micro or macro or anywhere in between any of these dimensions and levels of human life's matural civilisation's deployment, the starting point of human's possible future begins, lives on and gets passed on from generation to generation with the Ministry of Reconciliation, which gets to be held back by the kind of traditional resistance that live at the front line of Minciu Sodas' leadership, as typically shown in the following conversation:

          At this point in this present conversation between Samwel, Dan and Andrius, there is a crying need for the Ministry of Reconciliation".  Will we all remain independent and without any authority to shape our decisions and movements?...

          or...

          ...are we going to accept the authority of the Spirit of love and truth to guide us into and through the transformation that we claim to serve?

          At this point, the way Dan and Andrius describe their seperate views of the situation, one of the skill we need to develop and to deploy, is,

          " How can we turn our own human manure into energies and/or fertilizers, into the individual gain of vitality and of direction?...

          and

          ..." states of mind of sanctification for the assembling between the individual and the community to move within God's momentum?"

          As we seek to receive and to become the answer, we will find God calling us all with, from and to the Ministry of Reconciliation...amen to God's Yes in us all...

          ...may all blessings be with us all...
          Benoit Couture
          Edmonton, Canada

[...]

          http://www.ms. lt
          ms@...
          +370 699 30003
          Dukiskes, Lithuania

[...]

        • kayiwa fred
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15 10:23 PM
            I appreciate Your Everyone's effort here,
            I rely appreciate the way MS LAB is growing and making people grow as Independent Thinkers as well as getting Friendships who are teaching each other.

            I request all Ugandans on here to cheer up and come with as many friends as possible to make Sam kongere's leadership strong,
            I will be very happy to continue working under Kogere's Leadership