Community Transparency and Accountability

  • Dan Otedo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2009

      Thanks Benoit,Peter Burges and Ronald.

       The level of positive reception that Ms Lab membership has had with each other in the open sphere has been nothing to implore each other about .Trust which synonymies conviction, sincerity, and confidence  is easy to win and hard to maintain. When subjected to empirical processes and found wanting, sustainability which we croon day in day out becomes a sing song.

      We all so rightly strive to build our profiles and make a good name. This we protect jealously as integrity will take anyone to the skies, just as dishonesty and related vices can bring one down with a thud.

      Fallacies and lies are never miles apart. Predicating that God is love, Love is blind and drawing a conclusion that God is blind doesn’t necessarily make the Maker Blind. Even so, this is a valid argument which unfortunately, is a BIG LIE.

      Ms lab is a consortium of independent thinkers .Heavens forbid that we should try to change this mindset as it is the very foundation upon which we care to share in the various  working group. We have loosely formed, scarcely normed, sometimes stormed, variously performed and from time to time taken leave of absence from the lab to let the ‘ice’ thaw. And we have’ good reasons’ behave that way, don’t we?

       Everyone wants a good reputation! May be we need to look at the man in the mirror in the cause of our work to see if s/he can change his/her ways. Sometimes we become our worst enemies, fear our reflection and become hopelessly apologetic. This in my view is the biggest ‘flu’ from Africa in the MS lab.

      Those values we so cherish are sometimes  superficial. The culture of corruption is helplessly eating our budding institutions. For us fraud, ethnicity clanism and cronyism and ineptitude are no strange bedfellows. Just read, I say, read the many things we want to do. Where is the focus? And we are normally quick to plead to our community which we have ‘helped’ in many ways to come to our defense .Are we not simply cunning? We are ‘clever hard working ‘fellows who know how to line our pockets at the expense of the community we purport to work in.

      Ken Owino has twice within 11 days  vilified me by short message service for affronting Sam .Albeit this was not in the public the public domain, I want to point out that Ken needs to understand that my contributions are an indicator of my great sense of independence, with no intention to hurt nobody more than the communities we serve or purport to work in, have questions on our integrity and accountability.

      From Owino Ken <+254723568251>

      Date 7/9/2009                   Time: 3:24:30 PM

      You are not a good person. Now i see and accept. Peace

      From Owino Ken <+254723568251>

      Date 7/17/2009                 Time8:26:03 PM

      God bless you. I wonder why you advance hate to somebody who was so friendly to you. What bad thing did Sam ever do to you? Good Night

      I wish that matters that I raised publicly stay in the public domain and would welcome his contribution/ feelings in such a way that we do not personalise this, but would have the courage and freedom to seek knowledge of the same without pre-judging others.

        I have seen a good number of us go to church ,while some in the MS lab have publicly professed to be Church elders and men of God .This persuades me to share .Jeremiah 4:3 - For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns

      One very important lesson we must learn from these passages focuses on the phrase, "break up your fallow ground," is that fallow ground is either that which, having once been tilled, has long lay uncultivated; or, it is ground that is slightly plowed, in order to be plowed again before it is planted (or sown).

      Ms lab members in Kenya need to break up our own fallow ground, and stir up anew, the decaying ‘self righteousness’ that is eating us, without grumbling over our overt misdemeanor which is knocking  the wind out of would be worthwhile /potential MS lab members.

      James must have had this in mind when he added, "Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged" (James 5:9, NIV). One of the usual marks of farmers is their willingness to help one another. Nobody on the farm has time or energy for disputes with the neighbors. If we start using the sickles on each other, we will miss the harvest! But that’s not to say that we should embrace the culture of acquiescence and turn a blind eye to delinquency amongst us.

       Christ was asked questions and he had ready answers. Those of us who are Christians have every right like Nicodemus, to ask questions and get answers. That is the independent mindset that is the cogwheel of the forum in MS lab.

      The story of the Sower and Soils in Mark 4:1-12 should be very vivid for those of us who are men of God. Looking at the great work we  in Africa have done in the MS lab in the recent past, I have been observing  with batted breadth at the lack of personal  or even community impact accountability on the part of some among us in Kenya .We will not hesitate to expose them at the slightest opportunity for not doing so will be watering the seed of impunity. I challenge you to come out clean if you feel aggrieved

      Back to Mark 4/1-12:

      1.      Have we been sowing by the way side, for the fowls (in the Ms Lab) of the air to devour it up?

      2.      Have we sown on the on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: but when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away?

      3.      Has this great family (MS family) been sowing among thorns, which have choked the plant, yielding no fruit?

      4.      To what extent have we sowed  on good ground, yielding great fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

         HE WHO HAS EARS TO HEAR, LET HIM HEAR!

      Have a green day!