Worknets super labs

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2009
      Samwel,

      Thank you for your letter which for me is a great encouragement! Yes, we
      met in London and that has allowed us to be confident in each other's
      dreams even though we may not write about them every day. It was a great
      moment (thanks to Pamela McLean) to agree with you and Franz Nahrada to
      work towards "super labs", in the spirit of Minciu Sodas, and also
      inspired by Factor E Farm and others. We talked briefly about what would
      be fundamental for each lab, and that a key place to start was to have a
      physical location (as you do and as I do with the Anusauskas's) as
      reflected in a blog (I will organize Worknets to facilitate that, and you
      are dealing with your Internet access). A concern for the growth of our
      character, as fostered by our investigations, and supported by
      accountability to each other, is also key. And a corresponding growth in
      our leadership, as evident by your profound work to link us into Africa,
      which has made all the difference for Minciu Sodas and our many working
      groups. I also want to thank Janet Feldman, Benoit Couture, Thomas
      Chepaitis, Edward Cherlin and God and all who are helping us discover a
      potentially universal culture and a wonderful diversity of subcultures.

      I was shaken up yesterday by a private letter from Franz, which though
      positive in every sense, made me feel unsupported. Franz is making great
      progress with his laboratory/network GIVE, Global Village Integrated
      Environment http://www.give.at which predates our work together at Minciu
      Sodas. He found someone to help with creating new online venues. But,
      understandably, I felt why am I investing in Franz if he doesn't think or
      care to architect a shared system of venues that foster a shared culture?
      Franz is sensitive to me and we'll work this through with hardly a bump in
      the road. But it made me realize that I should (and we might) make
      explicit this requirement for collaboration (which at this point is
      perhaps relevant for Edward Cherlin, Thomas Chepaitis and may be,
      hopefully, relevant for others as well, and also for overlapping and
      merging efforts with Marcin Jakubowski and Vinay Gupta and others). We
      should make every effort to plan out and execute and ever rethink a shared
      vision about our online venues, rather than just each person setting up
      their own based on whatever technology comes along or whoever offers "free
      help" or whatever clique engages us. This is simply key for investing in
      each other as I try to do and encourage others.

      Many such issues will come up, which is great. What I hope is that we
      keep thinking further about our culture that we might work together
      towards.
      I think of super labs as:
      * organized around a person with a dream for themselves and all of the world
      * having a real expression in a "global village" setting
      * fostering an online network that welcomes all people and their values
      and I imagine for our Worknets culture they will be key hubs for personal
      growth and social harmony. Not everybody needs to lead a super lab, in
      practice, or in every detail, but everybody may hold themselves to that
      same standard. Benoit can develop his Edmonton Reconciliation Center and
      Franz his global village monastery even in their imagination, for now, and
      as Jesus declared, What you believe is what happens. I encourage Janet,
      Pamela, John, Kennedy, Wendi, Dennis, Fred, Leon and all to likewise think
      out loud our dreams so that we can be part of their fulfillment.

      +370 699 30003