Re: Ford International Fellowships Program for MA or Ph.D. Study

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
      jadamo2002 wrote:
      > Hallo Pamela am so much interested with afew of my friends.
      >
      > I have visited the site of Ford Foundation Fellowship and all what the scholarships are about and which countries they have involved.
      >
      > My only problem is how do I apply and when is the deadline for the scholarship.
      >
      > Thank You for your time

      Hi! What is your name and where do you live?
      The application deadline depends on the country.
      Look here also for more information: http://www.fordifp.net
      Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@..., Vilnius,
      Lithuania

      http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/forum/topic/show?id=780588%3ATopic%3A159074&xgs=1

      The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program
      <http://www.fordifp.net/> provides support for up to three years of
      formal graduate-level study leading to a masters or doctoral degree.
      Fellows are selected from countries and territories in Asia, Africa, the
      Middle East, Latin America, and Russia and include Brazil, Chile, China,
      Egypt, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique,
      Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Senegal,
      South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, where the Ford
      Foundation maintains active overseas programs. U.S. nationals are not
      eligible, although Fellows may study in the United States.

      Fellows are chosen on the basis of their leadership potential and
      commitment to community or national service, as well as for academic
      excellence. Fellows may enroll in masters or doctoral programs and may
      pursue any academic discipline or field of study that is consistent with
      the interests and goals of the Ford Foundation. The Foundation currently
      works in thirteen fields to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty
      and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human
      achievement.

      Once selected, Ford Foundation International Fellows may enroll in an
      appropriate university program anywhere in the world, including their
      country of residence. The program provides placement assistance to those
      Fellows not yet admitted to graduate school.

      IFP support also enables Fellows to undertake short-term language study
      and training in research and computer skills prior to graduate school
      enrollment. In addition, new Fellows attend orientation sessions, while
      current Fellows actively participate in learning and discussion
      activities designed to create information and exchange networks among
      Ford Foundation IFP Fellows worldwide. Finally, the program encourages
      IFP alumni to maintain contact with the program after completing the
      fellowships to help them remain current in their respective fields
      through the expanding Ford Foundation IFP network.

      Because local requirements vary widely among IFP countries, applicants
      should carefully follow the specific application guidelines provided by
      the relevant IFP International Partner organizations, including
      deadlines for the submission of applications.

      *Who Can Apply?*

      Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program applicants must be
      resident nationals or residents of an eligible IFP country or territory.
      Currently, these are: Brazil, Chile, China, Egypt, Ghana, Guatemala,
      India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique, Nigeria, Palestinian
      Territories, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania,
      Thailand, Uganda, and Vietnam. IFP selects Fellows on the strength of
      their clearly-stated intention to serve their communities and countries
      of origin, and expects that they will honor this obligation.

      *Successful candidates will:*

      * Demonstrate superior achievement in their undergraduate studies and
      hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
      * Have substantial experience in community service or
      development-related activities.
      * Possess leadership potential evidenced by their employment and
      academic experience.
      * Propose to pursue a post-baccalaureate degree that will directly
      enhance their leadership capacity in a practical, policy, academic, or
      artistic discipline or field corresponding to one or more of the
      Foundation's areas of endeavor.
      * Present a plan specifying how they will apply their studies to social
      problems or issues in their own countries. Commit themselves to working
      on these issues following the fellowship period.

      *IFP Fields of Study*

      Ford Foundation International Fellows may choose to study in any
      academic discipline or field of study related to the Ford Foundation's
      three grant-making areas, which are:

      Asset Building and Community Development

      * Community Development
      * Development Finance and Economic Security
      * Work-force Development
      * Environment and Development

      Knowledge, Creativity, and Freedom

      * Arts and Culture
      * Education and Scholarship
      * Media
      * Religion, Society and Culture
      * Sexuality and Reproductive Health

      Peace and Social Justice

      * Civil Society
      * Governance
      * Human Rights

      The Application Process

      All applications must be submitted to the appropriate IFP International
      Partner in the country or region where the applicant resides. IFP
      International Partners determine application deadlines and selection
      schedules in their region or country. Applications are reviewed and
      final selections decided by panels composed of practitioners and
      scholars from various fields of work and study. The level and duration
      of awards are determined as part of the selection process. Ford
      Foundation staff and their family members may not serve on selection
      panels and are not eligible to apply for IFP awards. Members of
      selection committees, staff of the organizations managing the program in
      the various regions, and their family members are also ineligible for
      IFP awards.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
          jadamo2002 wrote:
          > Hallo Andrius,
          > Am Moureen Caroline Ochieng Ugandan by Nationality have just completed my bachelor degree in Information technology at Makerere university.
          > Am interested in upgrading my course to a masters of either Information Technology or computer science.
          > I love programming and at the same time networking I believe will come true one day and will be able to help the nations out beat poverty with some knowledge of technology,if am offered the scholarship.
          >
          > I have been to http://www.fordifp.net/ which took me to the site http://www.ahead.or.ug/content/index.php a branch of Ford Foundation based in Uganda but the problem I have tried writing to them but all in vein there is no response.
          >
          > I really wanted to know the deadline of scholarships and more Information about them.
          >
          > Thank You for your time

          Hi Moureen,

          I found the same information that you did: "All completed applications
          must be received by post or hand-delivered to the AHEAD offices on the
          deadline which will be communicated."
          http://www.ahead.or.ug/ifp/ifp_app_forms.php

          You can try calling them:
          For further information please contact: AHEAD/IFP Uganda Plot 80A Kira
          Road-Kamwokya, P.O. Box 28332, Kampala, Uganda Tel: 0782-764426, 0776
          764426, email: info@... <mailto:info@...>

          Thank you for writing us!

        • jadamo2002
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
            unfortunately the deadline already clocked am really to late
            the deadline was meant to be 19th Feb 2009.

            Maybe next time.

            Thank you for your time.
          • kayiwa fred
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27, 2009
              thats our fixture in Norway
              whaether is quite good for my Boys
              > Am Moureen Caroline Ochieng Ugandan by Nationality have just completed my bachelor degree in Information technology at Makerere university.
              > Am interested in upgrading my course to a masters of either Information Technology or computer science.
              > I love programming and at the same time networking I believe will come true one day and will be able to help the nations out beat poverty with some knowledge of technology,if am offered the scholarship.
              >
              > I have been to http://www.fordifp. net/ which took me to the site http://www.ahead. or.ug/content/ index.php a branch of Ford Foundation based in Uganda but the problem I have tried writing to them but all in vein there is no response.
              >
              > I really wanted to know the deadline of scholarships and more Information about them.
              >
              > Thank You for your time

              Hi Moureen,

              I found the same information that you did: "All completed applications
              must be received by post or hand-delivered to the AHEAD offices on the
              deadline which will be communicated. "
              http://www.ahead. or.ug/ifp/ ifp_app_forms. php

              You can try calling them:
              For further information please contact: AHEAD/IFP Uganda Plot 80A Kira
              Road-Kamwokya, P.O. Box 28332, Kampala, Uganda Tel: 0782-764426, 0776
              764426, email: info@.... ug <mailto:info@.... ug>

              Thank you for writing us!

              http://www.ms. lt