Ford International Fellowships Program for MA or Ph.D. Study

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2009

      Please circulate to anyone who might be eligable

      Call for Applications, Ford International Fellowships Program for MA or Ph.D. Study

      The Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program provides support for up to three years of formal graduate-level study leading to a masters or doctoral degree. Fellows are selected from countries and territories in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Russia and include Brazil, Chile, China, Egypt, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, where the Ford Foundation maintains active overseas programs. U.S. nationals are not eligible, although Fellows may study in the United States.
      http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/forum/topic/show?id=780588%3ATopic%3A159074&xgs=1

      Pam
    • jadamo2002
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
        Hallo Pamela am so much interested with afew of my friends.

        I have visited the site of Ford Foundation Fellowship and all what the scholarships are about and which countries they have involved.

        My only problem is how do I apply and when is the deadline for the scholarship.

        Thank You for your time
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2009
          jadamo2002 wrote:
          > Hallo Pamela am so much interested with afew of my friends.
          >
          > I have visited the site of Ford Foundation Fellowship and all what the scholarships are about and which countries they have involved.
          >
          > My only problem is how do I apply and when is the deadline for the scholarship.
          >
          > Thank You for your time

          Hi! What is your name and where do you live?
          The application deadline depends on the country.
          Look here also for more information: http://www.fordifp.net
          Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@..., Vilnius,
          Lithuania

          <http://www.fordifp.net/> provides support for up to three years of
          formal graduate-level study leading to a masters or doctoral degree.
          Fellows are selected from countries and territories in Asia, Africa, the
          Middle East, Latin America, and Russia and include Brazil, Chile, China,
          Egypt, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique,
          Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Senegal,
          South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Vietnam, where the Ford
          Foundation maintains active overseas programs. U.S. nationals are not
          eligible, although Fellows may study in the United States.

          Fellows are chosen on the basis of their leadership potential and
          commitment to community or national service, as well as for academic
          excellence. Fellows may enroll in masters or doctoral programs and may
          pursue any academic discipline or field of study that is consistent with
          the interests and goals of the Ford Foundation. The Foundation currently
          works in thirteen fields to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty
          and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human
          achievement.

          Once selected, Ford Foundation International Fellows may enroll in an
          appropriate university program anywhere in the world, including their
          country of residence. The program provides placement assistance to those
          Fellows not yet admitted to graduate school.

          IFP support also enables Fellows to undertake short-term language study
          and training in research and computer skills prior to graduate school
          enrollment. In addition, new Fellows attend orientation sessions, while
          current Fellows actively participate in learning and discussion
          activities designed to create information and exchange networks among
          Ford Foundation IFP Fellows worldwide. Finally, the program encourages
          IFP alumni to maintain contact with the program after completing the
          fellowships to help them remain current in their respective fields
          through the expanding Ford Foundation IFP network.

          Because local requirements vary widely among IFP countries, applicants
          should carefully follow the specific application guidelines provided by
          the relevant IFP International Partner organizations, including
          deadlines for the submission of applications.

          *Who Can Apply?*

          Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program applicants must be
          resident nationals or residents of an eligible IFP country or territory.
          Currently, these are: Brazil, Chile, China, Egypt, Ghana, Guatemala,
          India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Mozambique, Nigeria, Palestinian
          Territories, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania,
          Thailand, Uganda, and Vietnam. IFP selects Fellows on the strength of
          their clearly-stated intention to serve their communities and countries
          of origin, and expects that they will honor this obligation.

          *Successful candidates will:*

          * Demonstrate superior achievement in their undergraduate studies and
          hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
          * Have substantial experience in community service or
          development-related activities.
          * Possess leadership potential evidenced by their employment and
          academic experience.
          * Propose to pursue a post-baccalaureate degree that will directly
          enhance their leadership capacity in a practical, policy, academic, or
          artistic discipline or field corresponding to one or more of the
          Foundation's areas of endeavor.
          * Present a plan specifying how they will apply their studies to social
          problems or issues in their own countries. Commit themselves to working
          on these issues following the fellowship period.

          *IFP Fields of Study*

          Ford Foundation International Fellows may choose to study in any
          academic discipline or field of study related to the Ford Foundation's
          three grant-making areas, which are:

          Asset Building and Community Development

          * Community Development
          * Development Finance and Economic Security
          * Work-force Development
          * Environment and Development

          Knowledge, Creativity, and Freedom

          * Arts and Culture
          * Education and Scholarship
          * Media
          * Religion, Society and Culture
          * Sexuality and Reproductive Health

          Peace and Social Justice

          * Civil Society
          * Governance
          * Human Rights

          The Application Process

          All applications must be submitted to the appropriate IFP International
          Partner in the country or region where the applicant resides. IFP
          International Partners determine application deadlines and selection
          schedules in their region or country. Applications are reviewed and
          final selections decided by panels composed of practitioners and
          scholars from various fields of work and study. The level and duration
          of awards are determined as part of the selection process. Ford
          Foundation staff and their family members may not serve on selection
          panels and are not eligible to apply for IFP awards. Members of
          selection committees, staff of the organizations managing the program in
          the various regions, and their family members are also ineligible for
          IFP awards.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
              jadamo2002 wrote:
              > Hallo Andrius,
              > Am Moureen Caroline Ochieng Ugandan by Nationality have just completed my bachelor degree in Information technology at Makerere university.
              > Am interested in upgrading my course to a masters of either Information Technology or computer science.
              > I love programming and at the same time networking I believe will come true one day and will be able to help the nations out beat poverty with some knowledge of technology,if am offered the scholarship.
              >
              > I have been to http://www.fordifp.net/ which took me to the site http://www.ahead.or.ug/content/index.php a branch of Ford Foundation based in Uganda but the problem I have tried writing to them but all in vein there is no response.
              >
              > I really wanted to know the deadline of scholarships and more Information about them.
              >
              > Thank You for your time

              Hi Moureen,

              I found the same information that you did: "All completed applications
              must be received by post or hand-delivered to the AHEAD offices on the
              deadline which will be communicated."
              http://www.ahead.or.ug/ifp/ifp_app_forms.php

              You can try calling them:
              For further information please contact: AHEAD/IFP Uganda Plot 80A Kira
              Road-Kamwokya, P.O. Box 28332, Kampala, Uganda Tel: 0782-764426, 0776
              764426, email: info@... <mailto:info@...>

              Thank you for writing us!

            • jadamo2002
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2009
                unfortunately the deadline already clocked am really to late
                the deadline was meant to be 19th Feb 2009.

                Maybe next time.

                Thank you for your time.
              • kayiwa fred
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 27, 2009
                  thats our fixture in Norway
                  whaether is quite good for my Boys
                  > Am Moureen Caroline Ochieng Ugandan by Nationality have just completed my bachelor degree in Information technology at Makerere university.
                  > Am interested in upgrading my course to a masters of either Information Technology or computer science.
                  > I love programming and at the same time networking I believe will come true one day and will be able to help the nations out beat poverty with some knowledge of technology,if am offered the scholarship.
                  >
                  > I have been to http://www.fordifp. net/ which took me to the site http://www.ahead. or.ug/content/ index.php a branch of Ford Foundation based in Uganda but the problem I have tried writing to them but all in vein there is no response.
                  >
                  > I really wanted to know the deadline of scholarships and more Information about them.
                  >
                  > Thank You for your time

                  Hi Moureen,

                  I found the same information that you did: "All completed applications
                  must be received by post or hand-delivered to the AHEAD offices on the
                  deadline which will be communicated. "
                  http://www.ahead. or.ug/ifp/ ifp_app_forms. php

                  You can try calling them:
                  For further information please contact: AHEAD/IFP Uganda Plot 80A Kira
                  Road-Kamwokya, P.O. Box 28332, Kampala, Uganda Tel: 0782-764426, 0776
                  764426, email: info@.... ug <mailto:info@.... ug>

                  Thank you for writing us!

                  http://www.ms. lt