Re: [learningfromeachother] E-Learning in Africa Conference (Nairobi May 2007): Abstract Deadline JANUARY 5th!!!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2007
      Janet., David and Maria

      I know Janet has suggested that maybe CAWD can help with conference
      fees. Sadly this is not possible. CAWD is a tiny charity. CAWD
      volunteers work from home and usually cover all their own expenses. One
      year we did manage to raise £1,000 during the year and this enabled us
      to register as a charity - a great benefit to us as it means we can
      claim gift aid (tax back) on donations that are given to us. When we do
      manage to collect up donations they usually get passed on almost
      immediately to the various projects we support.

      I hope we will grow the CAWD volunteers team - perhaps this year - and
      then manage to do more active fundraising. but at present we are not
      able to make any new donations, Even when we do get some more money in
      it is "spent before we have it" as there are already people who have
      requested help. As a rule CAWD volunteers do not attend conferences
      except for online conference because there is no money for it. Sorry.

      Pam