Mercy, Elibariki, Shaibu, thank you for survey answers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2009
      Mercy Isaac, Elibariki, Shaibu Laizer,

      Thank you for completing our Minciu Sodas Survey of Computer Usage
      Around the World.
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GiLLw_2fpxkGdad_2bOY0hxKbA_3d_3d
      I share your answers. They are helpful as we think of strategies for
      making the most of marginal Internet access.

      +370 699 30003

      ---------------------------
      Sun, Jan 4, 2009 6:29:34 PM

      1. What information about you may we share publicly?
      What is your name? - MERCY ISAAC
      What country do you live in? - NIGERIA
      Which city do you live in or near? - KAFANCHAN
      How would you describe the house that you live in, is it a farm house,
      apartment, dormitory, etc.? - NO. 1 FANTSUAM CLOSE, BAYAN - LOCO, KAFANCHAN
      How may we and others contact you? - THROUGH FANTSUAM FOUNDATION KAFANCHAN

      2. Please describe how much you use computers:
      Answer
      How many hours per week do you use a computer? 95
      How many different computers do you use during the week? 10
      How many computers do you own? 0
      How many hours per week are you online? 95
      How many days per week are you online? 7

      3. Please describe the computer that you use the most:
      Who owns the computer that you use the most? - FANTSUAM
      FOUNDATION(SCHOOLS AND THE KNOWLEDGE RESOURCE CENTRE)
      What is the operating system? Windows, Linux, Macintosh? What version?
      Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux Ubuntu, etc. - LINUX
      Do you go online with this computer? - YES I DO
      Where is the computer located? How do you travel there and how long does
      that take? How much does the travel cost? - IN THE CLASS ROOMS OF
      FANTSUAM ACADEMY AND THE KNOWLEDGE RESOURCE CENTRE OF FANTSUAM FOUNDATION
      How convenient is it to use the computer? Is it available when you want
      it? - IT IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS
      Do you have to pay to use the computer? How much? - YES MY DEPARTMENT
      PAYS 45,000.00 NGN MONTHLY FOR BANDWITH AND 60,000 NGN FOR DISIEL
      What can you say about the computer's specifications? (Processor speed,
      memory, available devices such as printers) - THE SPEED IS FAST AND IT
      PROCESSESS WELL , JUST THAT
      How much would this computer cost if you were to buy it today? - IT
      WOULD COST 120,000.00NGN

      4. What do you do with computers? What software do you use? What
      websites do you visit? What online communities do you participate in? Do
      you have any websites of your own?
      OFFICIAL WORK (ICT, DEVELOPMENT WORK,PUBLIC HEALTH-HIV AND
      AIDS),PERSONAL RESEARCH, YAHOO GROUPS,ONLINE CHATING,ETC. I HAVE MY BLOG
      WHICH I DO VISIT http://www.20communitydevelopments.blogspot.com I DO
      VISIT THE BLOG FOR MY WORKING PLACE www.fantsuam.org AND MANY OTHERS

      5. Please describe the Internet connection that you use the most:
      Are you using the same computer as above, or a different computer? - SAME
      How fast is your connection? (How long does it take for you to download
      a 100KB file?) Or what results do you get from http://www.speedtest.net
      ? - SOMETIMES IT IS FAST, OTHER TIMES IT IS SLOW
      What kinds of files do you send, upload, download? - PICTURES, VIDEOS
      AND DOCUMENTS
      What is the largest file that you have ever downloaded? - I'VE NEVER
      BOTHERED TO CHECK ITS WEIGHT
      Are you able to use Skype to speak to people? - YES
      Are you able to watch YouTube videos? - YES
      How many browser windows do you typically keep open at once? - AS MANY
      AS POSSIBLE

      6. What are examples of how computers and the Internet have affected
      your life?
      THEY HAVE FASTENED WORK FOR ME AND MADE ME TO KNOW A LOT. BESIDES
      DISTANT PLACES ARE DRAWN CLOSER TO ME BY THE INTERNET.

      7. How do you make the most of your time online and offline?
      Do you have a USB flash drive? or other storage media? What do you use
      them for? - TO SAVE INFORMATION, DOWNLOAD INFORMATION AND SEND IT TO SOMEONE
      What kind of materials, letters, texts, photos, music, videos do you
      create offline? - ALL
      What kind of materials, letters, texts, photos, music, videos do you
      read, listen to, or view offline? - ALL
      What kind of files do you share with others when you are offline? - ALL
      OF THE ABOVE

      8. What kind of technology would you like to have and how would you use it?
      THE INTERNET WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY

      ---------------------------------------

      Sun, Jan 4, 2009 6:35:10 PM

      1. What information about you may we share publicly?
      What is your name? - elibariki
      What country do you live in? - Tanzania
      Which city do you live in or near? - Arusha
      How would you describe the house that you live in, is it a farm house,
      apartment, dormitory, etc.? - house
      How may we and others contact you? - email

      2. Please describe how much you use computers:
      Answer
      How many hours per week do you use a computer? 6
      How many different computers do you use during the week? 2
      How many computers do you own? 0
      How many hours per week are you online? 12
      How many days per week are you online? 7

      3. Please describe the computer that you use the most:
      Who owns the computer that you use the most? - cafe for now
      What is the operating system? Windows, Linux, Macintosh? What version?
      Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux Ubuntu, etc. - xp pact 2
      Do you go online with this computer? - yes
      Where is the computer located? How do you travel there and how long does
      that take? How much does the travel cost? - kijenge chini near pride
      How convenient is it to use the computer? Is it available when you want
      it? - some times not all the time
      Do you have to pay to use the computer? How much? - 500 per 15 min which
      is half dollar
      What can you say about the computer's specifications? (Processor speed,
      memory, available devices such as printers) - xp is one of the program
      that is easy to use also the mac pro there are cool too
      How much would this computer cost if you were to buy it today? - $650

      4. What do you do with computers? What software do you use? What
      websites do you visit? What online communities do you participate in? Do
      you have any websites of your own?
      i use xp most of time xp i'm not sure about the soft ware it in the cafe
      and i did not check it in volunteer for kiyoga village web site not real

      5. Please describe the Internet connection that you use the most:
      Are you using the same computer as above, or a different computer? - yes
      How fast is your connection? (How long does it take for you to download
      a 100KB file?) Or what results do you get from http://www.speedtest.net
      ? - some times it fast and some time it not for 100km it can take me one
      hour or more
      What kinds of files do you send, upload, download? - pictures most of time
      What is the largest file that you have ever downloaded? - 250kb and it
      has take me about one day to make it work
      Are you able to use Skype to speak to people? - yes i have one
      Are you able to watch YouTube videos? - nop
      How many browser windows do you typically keep open at once? - 8 to 10

      6. What are examples of how computers and the Internet have affected
      your life?
      it has not affect my life yet

      7. How do you make the most of your time online and offline?
      Do you have a USB flash drive? or other storage media? What do you use
      them for? - nop i have phone that i use as flash driver for my files
      What kind of materials, letters, texts, photos, music, videos do you
      create offline? - pictures
      What kind of materials, letters, texts, photos, music, videos do you
      read, listen to, or view offline? - picures
      What kind of files do you share with others when you are offline? - pictures

      8. What kind of technology would you like to have and how would you use it?
      i will love to have full computer hardware i will use it to teach and to
      make money and soft ware too

      --------------------

      Sat, Jan 3, 2009 4:41:04 PM

      1. What information about you may we share publicly?
      What is your name? - shaibu laizer
      What country do you live in? - Tanzania
      Which city do you live in or near? - Arusha
      How would you describe the house that you live in, is it a farm house,
      apartment, dormitory, etc.? - House
      How may we and others contact you? - email

      2. Please describe how much you use computers:
      Answer
      How many hours per week do you use a computer? 25
      How many different computers do you use during the week? 5
      How many computers do you own? 1
      How many hours per week are you online? 25
      How many days per week are you online? 6

      3. Please describe the computer that you use the most:
      Who owns the computer that you use the most? - cafe
      What is the operating system? Windows, Linux, Macintosh? What version?
      Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux Ubuntu, etc. - windows
      Do you go online with this computer? - yes
      Where is the computer located? How do you travel there and how long does
      that take? How much does the travel cost? - By bicycle
      How convenient is it to use the computer? Is it available when you want
      it? - yes
      Do you have to pay to use the computer? How much? - yes,Tsh1000 per hour
      What can you say about the computer's specifications? (Processor speed,
      memory, available devices such as printers) - memory
      How much would this computer cost if you were to buy it today? - Tsh 500,000

      4. What do you do with computers? What software do you use? What
      websites do you visit? What online communities do you participate in? Do
      you have any websites of your own?
      emaling from one place to another,Google

      5. Please describe the Internet connection that you use the most:
      Are you using the same computer as above, or a different computer? - yes
      What kinds of files do you send, upload, download? - email
      Are you able to use Skype to speak to people? - yes
      Are you able to watch YouTube videos? - no the speep is to slow
      How many browser windows do you typically keep open at once? - microsoft
      internet

      6. What are examples of how computers and the Internet have affected
      your life?
      nothing

      7. How do you make the most of your time online and offline?
      Do you have a USB flash drive? or other storage media? What do you use
      them for? - yes
      What kind of materials, letters, texts, photos, music, videos do you
      create offline? - All
      What kind of materials, letters, texts, photos, music, videos do you
      read, listen to, or view offline? - all
      What kind of files do you share with others when you are offline? - music

      8. What kind of technology would you like to have and how would you use it?
      the fast inter