Re: Wolfram Alpha 'Computational Knowledge Engine' has now gone live.

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2009
      Ricardo,

      Thank you for alerting us to Stephen Wolfram's mathematical engine
      http://www.wolframalpha.com He demonstrated it to us last year at his
      "New Kind of Science" summer school in Vermont, but I couldn't say much
      about it because we signed non-disclosure agreements. I think it will be
      very helpful for numerical literacy.

      For me, it's especially helpful simply as an almanac of examples of data
      for creating the "classic math problems" I want to document. See their
      list of examples:
      http://www.wolframalpha.com/examples/
      and I've created a page at our wiki:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?WolframAlpha
      I hope to make some progress on an open source textbook for classic math
      problems in the coming weeks. I should also hear from the NordPlus
      contest by mid June.