Samwel: I have not been online for a while!

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2009
      Samwel and I spoke today. He let me share his letter below. He gave the
      donations received (about 160 USD total from two anonymous donors) to the
      women he's working with, and he also sent 250 GBP to Dennis Kimambo for
      our Mornflake http://www.mornflake.com outreach and other work that we'll
      do together. I told Samwel to keep 100 GBP for himself at this time and
      to hold the rest of the 1500 USD which I wired him until my further
      instructions.

      Samwel is using his telephone to access the Internet, but it is very slow,
      so he's not able to help us at this time. Also, he and Dan Otedo have
      finished their three-year project to train women in ICT and
      entrepreneurship so that Internet access is no longer available. Samwel
      should in two weeks receive a Safaricom modem and he'll report how that
      works for him. Then he hopes to be more active.