Re: [learningfromeachother] E-Learning in Africa Conference/Pam: A question abt CAWD re attending

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      Dear Maria, David, Tom, and All,

      Fantastic to hear of your interest in the conference, and I do strongly encourage you to go. Will be delighted to do networking related to this, both in Kenya and Tanzania, to link you with a number of others doing distance and e-learning there. And some of them will be attending the conference.

      And how lovely of you to offer to pay for a couple Kenyan attendees. Sam and David would be great choices, and I have also heard from Tom Ochuka of Deaf Impact Ministry in Kisumu of his interest in attending. The community he serves desperately needs more info and access to learning resources and equipment, and ICTs offer an invaluable educational opportunity for people who are deaf, as they cannot easily acquire info in school or from the more traditional educational approaches, where speaking/hearing is needed.

      In that regard, then, I have a question for Pam and David:  would it be possible for CAWD to help David get to the conference (or even COL, as you work with COL in Nigeria, and they are conference sponsors, I think....this might be a good opportunity to "connect the dots" of our mutual work, and with OVF et al too)?  If so, perhaps Maria might consider helping Sam and Tom?  I might be able to chip in a small amount in the spring, too. Given how great the need is, I thought I might ask if we can think abt how we could cover these 3 as participants.

      David and Pam, I'm delighted with the info I see abt CAWD Kenya, and hope we can talk abt ways in which we might link, collaborate, and integrate our ICTs and learning activities, both in Kenya and also Nigeria (and in turn create linkages too with Tanzania, Ghana, Uganda, Cameroon, and elsewhere).

      Greatest thanks again to Maria, Andrius, and all, and blessings and "e-ffections" for 2007!!  Janet