Re: How to engage online communities regarding Mornflake?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2009
      Hi Leon, Joanne,

      Thank you for your encouragement. It's also great to know that Mornflake
      is interested in long term relationships with UK online communities.

      This evening I'm chatting with Sasha Mrkailo, Dennis Kimambo, Thomas
      Chepaitis and all who might help us engage UK online communities. We'll
      practice how to do that. We need more people, and I can pay 5 GBP per
      community for Minciu Sodas participants who can help. This week we need
      to engage 100 communities.

      The competition website looks nice.

      Some next steps that I'm taking:
      * Training our leaders how to engage communities, add stories to My Food
      Story http://www.myfoodstory.info and entries to Shop With Us
      * Identifiying which communities to focus on and dividing them up.
      * Improving My Food Story so that it is focused more on giving voice to
      individuals and supporting their endeavors.
      * Setting up a page for us to monitor "mornflake" tags at Flickr and
      elsewhere and respond as appropriate.
      * Cleaning up our directory data.
      * Sending Joanne an updated list of the communities we collected.
      * Adding more communities in key areas, especially as Joanne might direct.
      * Making use of data from Alexa to understand the size of communities.
      * Making a map of communities (perhaps focusing on people through their
      food stories) and their relationships as we engage them.

      I want to deliver our deliverables this week (a directory of 500
      communities and results from engaging 100 of them) and I look forward to
      continuing, for free and/or for pay, to build My Food Story
      http://www.myfoodstory.info based on our efforts. Leon, Joanne, I'm very
      glad for your encouragement!

      I'm also thinking about general ideas about how a company and people
      might engage each other for good; and in my mind, I'm writing the "case
      study" as agreed about how I'm organizing our work.

      +370 699 30003