Engaging other online communities with food stories
- I ask for our thoughts about engaging online communities, starting with
Can we try this out amongst ourselves? I think of:
* Janet Feldman http://groups.yahoo.com/group/actalive/
* Marcin Jakubowski http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/
* Vinay Gupta http://www.globalswadeshi.net
* Edward Cherlin...
* Franz Nahrada...
* Pamela McLean...
* Steve Bosserman...
Minciu Sodas will be engaging other communities as a goal in its own
right as we also make known Mornflake cereal and their online video contest.
I think the most effective pitch is simply to ask:
* if they'd like to link up with other communities and work together
* if alongside values, questions, endeavors - presenting "food stories"
might be a practical project for learning about each other and
supporting each other
* how might we best share their stories? and promote their participants?
* do they have other suggestions for working together?
* do they want to look for ways for enterprises to support such outreach
* as an example of that, we're applying resources we're gaining from our
work to promote the Mornflake online video contest
I appreciate our thoughts because I'd like our food story collection at
http://www.myfoodstory.info to highlight people's online communities as
much as possible. I will write and work more tomorrow.
Meanwhile, thank you to Sasha Mrkailo and Masimba Biriwasha for
collecting more UK online communities. I sent out 200 USD to Fred
Kayiwa and 200 USD for Josephat Ndibalema (to share with William
Wambura) and 250 GBP to Masimba Biriwasha.
+370 699 30003