Engaging other online communities with food stories

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 1:38 PM
      I ask for our thoughts about engaging online communities, starting with
      our own.
      Can we try this out amongst ourselves? I think of:
      * Marcin Jakubowski http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/
      * Vinay Gupta http://www.globalswadeshi.net
      * Edward Cherlin...
      * Franz Nahrada...
      * Pamela McLean...
      * Steve Bosserman...

      Minciu Sodas will be engaging other communities as a goal in its own
      right as we also make known Mornflake cereal and their online video contest.

      I think the most effective pitch is simply to ask:
      * if they'd like to link up with other communities and work together
      * if alongside values, questions, endeavors - presenting "food stories"
      might be a practical project for learning about each other and
      supporting each other
      * how might we best share their stories? and promote their participants?
      * do they have other suggestions for working together?
      * do they want to look for ways for enterprises to support such outreach
      and connections
      * as an example of that, we're applying resources we're gaining from our
      work to promote the Mornflake online video contest

      I appreciate our thoughts because I'd like our food story collection at
      http://www.myfoodstory.info to highlight people's online communities as
      much as possible. I will write and work more tomorrow.

      Meanwhile, thank you to Sasha Mrkailo and Masimba Biriwasha for
      collecting more UK online communities. I sent out 200 USD to Fred
      Kayiwa and 200 USD for Josephat Ndibalema (to share with William
      Wambura) and 250 GBP to Masimba Biriwasha.

      Good night,

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania