Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: Fola -Online community of teachers

  • Dan Otedo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2009

      Fola,

      Thanks for your passion for education, especially your appreciation of the challenges that an educator in rural Africa faces from time to time. Many initiatives have been made to try go around the problems of access to quality and relevant education, .retention of children in schools and transition from one level of education to another.

      I am glad about you using some ICT in Education .ICT4ED in education has with it, social and psychological implications and challenges that a modern day teacher would only be happy to try get the best of in a structured manner. May i also reflect that this is about values ,questions ,proactively seeking anwers and what help you can get from fellow peers-in - skill. I especially love the teaching spirit Andrius ,Pamela  and Janet have.And Ricardo? He has put more people on the technology path more than I can imagine. He has never been tired doing this in diverse ways.Thank  you Ricardo.!

      That being so, and given that Birds of the same feather flock together! I invite you Fola and to join Teachers Without Borders, a global community of teachers dedicated to bridging the educational divide As a TWB member, you become part of a global community that supports teachers through professional development and mentorship as well as have access to the latest educational innovations across the world.

      Raphael Ogar Oko from Nigeria is our Africa regional coordinator rafael@... . I have copied this mail to my friend Rafael who has helped us get started in Kenya .We now have Teachers Without Borders – Kenya .the TWB  chapter in Nigeria is very active  establishing Community Teaching and learning Centers CTLC’s among other things .For instance, you can take courses e.g. the Certificate of Teaching Mastery (CTM) at the TWB http://courses.teacherswithoutborders.org

      Dan Andrew Otedo.
      Program Officer,
      The African Center for Women,Informations and  Communications Technology(ACWICT)
      Tel :(+254)-020-3862907/107 cell phone :+254720366094.
      website www.acwict.org e-mail: dotedo@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
        Thanks Dan,
        I will like to join the group you forwarded to me especially if I will meet people of like minds and teachers we could share experiences together. However how do I join the group and what does it take to become a member,do I have to pay any subscription fees or anything. Taking the online course will be helpful I hope.