Mornflake research - a personal response.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2009
      As I explained to Andrius on the phone. Regarding Mornflakes (and other things) I do not have time now to get involved in anything that redirects my present focus, which is on Dadamac (based on work that John Dada and I have been doing together for many years).

      When Dadamac's online presence is working properly it will be easier to see how the work of Dadamac  complements Andrius' work. I should also have more time to see how my own interests outside of Dadamac fit in with Andrius interests.

      I congratulate Andrius on getting the Mornflkes work. If I have understood the contract right, then I think it is very interesting that a company is seeking to explore what people are looking for "in a company" (ie its ethical values and behaviours") not just "in the company's product".

      That kind of issue does interest me, it is part of increased two-way communication enabled by digital technologies and the ways we are learning to use social media. (That is the kind of thing I am very interested in studying - and I came to Mincui Sodas because I was able to learn so much here).But for now I can't persue interests like that. I need to concentrate on setting up Dadamac online in a way that will make what we are  doing acessible to others (so I won't need to explain things like this - I'll just be able to point to the right part of our webpresence.)

      I will offer a quick suggestion ref Mornflakes. It may be worth trying to get some schools involved (If teh teachers can see some way of making it fit into the curricualum. I have a link from back in 2002, when I was trying to find schools that might be interested in some work I was doing in Nigeria. Back then Webb66 International School web registry gave me 1212 UK "elementary" (primary) schools and 173 secondary schools with websites. They could be a possible starting point.

      Google search today led me to :
       http://mail.google.com/mail/#all/120b5f5ce8403338
          Web66: A K12 World Wide Web Project
      http://web66.umn.edu/

      11,000 School Web Home Pages!

      Web66 features the Internet's oldest and most complete list
      of school web sites. The Web66 International Registry of School
      Web Sites now has over 11,000 school home pages listed.

      Over 7,500 Schools in the USA.
      Over 4,000 Schools from 70 other countries.
      Over 2,000 School districts.

      Easy-to-use Clickable Maps
      Australia, Canada, Europe, Japan and the U.S.A.

      Complete country-by-country and state-by-state statistics,
      including graphs and historical information, are available
      on the Web66 web site.

      Please noteI I am not reading email lists much at present - not even LearningFromEachOther,
      so please do not assume I have read what is written on them.