Edward, Sasha, practice meeting up by Scopia or Skype?

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2009
      Hi Edward and all,

      I invite you today, Wednesday, March 25, to try out "video bridges" with
      us 20:00 London time which would be 22:00 Lithuania time, 21:00 Serbia
      time, 23:00 Kenya time, 13:00 California time, 16:00 New York time. That
      will be a total of one hour of our meeting tonight with London
      Lithuanians.

      The address for that meeting has changed. It is now across the street at:
      1 Upper St. Martin's Lane WC2H 9NY(artimiausios metro stotelės – Leicester
      Square ir Covent Garden), ( http://www.verve-bar.co.uk/location/ )
      We start at 19:00 in English and Lithuanian with a discussion of
      independent thinkers and nationhood. At 20:00 we practice video bridges.
      At 21:00 we will have a discussion in Lithuanian about the anti-corruption
      movement Jungtinis Demokratinis Judejimas
      http://www.demokratija.euhttp://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungtinis_Demokratinis_Jud%C4%97jimas

      We will be trying out two technologies. One is Procom Strasser's Scopia
      which we have access to thanks to Franz Nahrada. See:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?VideoMeeting
      to download the software (it requires a current version of Windows and a
      current version of Internet Explorer). The advantage of this software is
      that it allows us to integrate four or five video streams at once, the
      streams can be of a variety of bandwidth quality, we can run it much like
      Asif Daya's Trainerspod sessions (and Asif, you are welcome to use this
      technology!) it is free for us to use, and we can earn money by reselling
      this service but especially the hardware box that integrates the streams.

      The disadvantage is that currently you need Windows. So we'll also try
      out connections with Skype. Edward, I hope you might join us! and also
      Sasha and all who are interested.

      +44 7548 126 374