E-Learning in Africa Conference (Nairobi May 2007): Abstract Deadline JANUARY 5th!!!

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2006

      Dear Friends,

      Here's an excellent opportunity which some will hopefully take advantage of, both conference attendance and participation!  Happy New Year, and here's hoping it will "compute"!  Janet (Feldman, kaippg@...)

      Abstract deadline is January 5th!!!

      eLA 2007 - The Conference

      Meeting the networking needs of the Pan-African eLearning and distance education sector, the annual eLearning Africa conference is the key networking venue for practitioners and professionals from Africa and all over the world.

      Main Facts:

      • eLA is the largest gathering of eLearning and distance education professionals in Africa, enabling participants to develop multinational and cross-industry contacts and partnerships, as well as to enhance their knowledge, expertise, and abilities.
      • The 2006 event attracted 832 participants from 80 countries representing all continents, with 70% coming from Africa, making it Africa�s largest eLearning conference.
      • Last year�s gathering featured the work of more than 230 speakers from 46 countries, addressing all forms of technology-enhanced learning and including a rich mix of themes, topics and a variety of session formats.
      • Delegates are high-level decision makers and practitioners from education, business, and government - the three key areas driving eLearning adoption and innovation.
      • The conference is held in English and French. It includes plenary sessions with world-class experts, smaller presentation and special focus sessions, practical demonstrations and debates on specific topics, as well as various informal networking opportunities where practitioners share their experiences, ideas, new information and perspectives.
      • An exhibition and demonstration area accompany the programme, where leading international eLearning manufacturers, suppliers and service providers present their latest products and services. Participants evaluated the exhibition as a critical meeting point for professional interaction within the conference.
      • A full-day program of workshops conducted by leading eLearning practitioners precedes the event. These small, intensive sessions offer attendees a unique opportunity to fine-tune their skills and acquire new ones.
      • A number of special events take place alongside the conference, such as product launches, special interest group get-togethers, sponsored workshops, best practice showcases, and meetings.

      New features at eLA 2007:

      eLA 2007 will also have a number of exciting features that extend the scope and outreach of the conference, adding value for both presenters and attendees:

      • A high-level policy maker and industry leader summit entitled �Accelerating the Building of ICT Infrastructures and Capacities for African Educational Systems�
      • The African TVET Summit �Access and Inclusion for TVET in Africa through New ICT-based Solutions�
      • A convention of major donors and development agencies focusing on �ICT-Enhanced Education and Training in Development Cooperation�
      • Two break-out workshops, one in Kisumu at Lake Victoria and one in Mombasa on the Indian Ocean

    • Maria Agnese Giraudo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
        Dear Janet, Andrius  and all,
        thanks so much for this information. I planned to go back to Tanzania in May. Therefore would be great for me to attend this interesting conference!
         I would  also vary glad to pay fees for two Kenyan people working in ICT, perhaps Samwel and David Mutua. I'll send money to Andrius. Please Andrius give me all the information for sending you  money via paypal. I registered myself but I'm still waiting for a verification code.
        All the best!
        Maria Agnese

        Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> ha scritto:

        Dear Friends,

        Here's an excellent opportunity which some will hopefully take advantage of, both conference attendance and participation!  Happy New Year, and here's hoping it will "compute"!  Janet (Feldman, kaippg@earthlink. net)

[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.it

      • David mutua
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
          Dear Maria,
          I appreciate very much to attend the conference, thanks, can we start exploring what common shared goals we need to achieve from the conference and in future on elearning.

          Regards,

          David Mutua

          Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink. net> ha scritto:

[...]

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.it

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Maria Agnese Giraudo
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2007
            Dear David,
            please, send your proposal to for the conference soon, today is the last day!
            Regards
            Maria Agnese Giraudo

            Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@ yahoo.it> wrote:
[...]

            http://mail. yahoo.com

            http://mail.yahoo.it

          • Maria Agnese Giraudo

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 5, 2007
                Thanks Maria, My concern is the fee, do i have to do
                it today because Janet suggested that Pam and I might
                think of eploring other alternatives,

                David

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2007
                  Janet., David and Maria

                  I know Janet has suggested that maybe CAWD can help with conference
                  fees. Sadly this is not possible. CAWD is a tiny charity. CAWD
                  volunteers work from home and usually cover all their own expenses. One
                  year we did manage to raise £1,000 during the year and this enabled us
                  to register as a charity - a great benefit to us as it means we can
                  claim gift aid (tax back) on donations that are given to us. When we do
                  manage to collect up donations they usually get passed on almost
                  immediately to the various projects we support.

                  I hope we will grow the CAWD volunteers team - perhaps this year - and
                  then manage to do more active fundraising. but at present we are not
                  able to make any new donations, Even when we do get some more money in
                  it is "spent before we have it" as there are already people who have
                  requested help. As a rule CAWD volunteers do not attend conferences
                  except for online conference because there is no money for it. Sorry.

                  Pam