Udogo and Uyoga Collaborating to excel in 2007

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2006

      Dear all,
      I am glad to see the end year greetings in my cell phone. This is a time to merry, to pray, to love, to relax and I wish all of you there, a happy new year.  I trust all of you have gone past the plan for the New Year and things are marvelous. I had all the best and hope more prosperity is on our side looking at the laid down plans for the New Year. The out going year is a year of momentous progress and there are good points to note from the plans the members in the forum are hoping to get in 2007.
       We in Kenya and Tanzania we are not left, as the year ends. The Udogo and Uyoga members are out for great plans for the countries. Udogo is happy to take risks by starting a community wireless internet connection to connect several access points in Rusinga Island . Although it is a great venture, which cannot be done single handily, we are happy to share this with all in MS Lab in 2007 and all plans for this are underway. It is a dream which all of us must join hands to support next year.
      Also Uyoga members are happy to send this first report and plan s for 2007 the group interim committee headed by the Chairperson Miss Hellen Mahoo other members are:-
      -William Wammbura-Co-ordinator
      -Josephat Ndibalema-Tresurer
      -Mwanaidi-Designer and others made the first introduction of the group to public and community as a whole during the WORLD AIDS DAY event which took place at LEADERS GROUNDS in Kinondoni district in Dar es salaam on 1stDecember,2006.
      An Introduction was conducted by group members and by talking to the young people on the importance of knowledge sharing as
      -An interactive process of making the right information available to the people at the right time in comprehensive manner to enable them to act judiciously enriching the knowledge sharing can occur at all levels between countries, within a country, between communities and among individual.
      -Young people had an opportunity to know the purpose of our group as to create personal awareness on youth sensitive issues as:
      -Helping empowerment of young people through equipping them with positive ideas, altitudes information knowledge, skills and resources that are reached for action oriented activities.
      -To depict and sharpen various youth talents.
      Youth had a chance to highlight a major problem facing confronting them as
      -Exclusion from vide range of information and knowledge that most of them are isolated economically, socially and culturally from information and progress in the arts, science and technology.
      -Most of them wanted access to knowledge and opportunities instead of charity to fight conditions leading to poverty.
      Members of the group are now aware of the problems facing the confronting the youth in the country.
      The group had an opportunity to meet other local non-governmental organization working with the youth in the country such as organization is:
      - Tanzania Youth Coalition (TYC)
      -Partner for youth Development-(PAYODE)
      -Save life Club-this is a youth based club formed by undergraduate students from Muhimbili University College of health Science with the key focus on youth related issues especially HIV/AIDS and reproductive health issues.
      Together we agreed to create outreach programs to organize and have workshops seminars, discussion conferences and other activities Members are now examining a range of issues related to strengthening the group for sustainable development.
      Lastly we wish to highlight one point in anticipation of your idea support that:-
      -Tanzania and all part of East Africa is characterized by widespread poverty with more than 60% of the population in the rural areas living on less than 1 US$ per day and economic development which are the economic development which are the population. It threatened by serious environmental problems due to the nature of economic activities and the absence of government intervention.
      The group wishes to examine and design strategies to redress the situation of environment and employment in particular for youth.
      We are very open for the suggestions and wish to prosper

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,
      MBITA  040305-KENYA.