Pam and John: Thanks for Your Exciting News and Response!

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2009
      Dear Pam, John, and All,

      I'm holding my breath for at least a few minutes, even as we speak (so if this email suddenly stops, you will know I have sprouted wings...hopefully allowing me to exert a positive influence from that Great Peace Center in the Sky, on a range of valuable things :))).

      What marvelous news, and I in turn appreciate your letter and marvel at all of your wonderful and life-enhancing activities!  I recall that John last year was definitely excited about peace-related peer education (trainings and other activities) in Kenya, and saw possibilities for linkages between Kenya and Nigeria then.

      Hopefully, given not only your work in Nigeria, but also your connections to Kenya (with Teachers Talking, David, COL, et al, directly and indirectly), we might discuss the creation and development of some peace-related activities, including peace centers, trainings, ICTs (used to advance peace, like mobile phones, video, and the like), and whatever else comes to mind as possibilities for addressing this and linked subjects like development.

      Please do keep us informed about your activities, and I think it could be very useful to compile a list or database of just the kinds of examples you mention, of people and projects among us who are doing great work, and have something to teach us all in the process!

      Pam, you are right that we need to celebrate the "improvements"--like that "one small step for wo/man", as Neil Armstrong characterized his walk on the moon--as this is truly the only way we can also have the "great leap(s) for humankind" also envisioned in that one amazing act of courage, determination, and dreamweaving!

      Know that we are with you, every step and leap of the way! And may we believe and apply this to "each" and to "all" of us, in the dreams and doings of our day! With love and blessings, Janet