Online radio station worth checking out

  • Benoit Couture
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      Salut Janet, Samwel, Fred and all,

      Hrere is an Alberta, Canada radio station which is sponsored by its listeners and plays a lot of music from everywhere on earth:
      http://www.ckua.org/

      A few years back, they had to fight for their life, as the government tried to put them up for sale.  That is when the listeners rallied and made it into a "listeners sponsored radio station.

      Janet knows of at least one musician who is active with them, but there are musicians from all over the world who keep on giving them their kudos.

      I have a feeling that they would love to get feebacks from anyone and in time, if we give them the sense of our listening presence in a big enough number, they might become incline to pass on Community Messages on our behalf.

      Enjoy,
      Benoit