First Thursday in March - chat room

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hi Everyone

      The first Thursday is almost here again. I will be in the chat room as usual in case anyone from LearningFromEachOther  or any other Minsiu Sodas groups want to drop into the chat room knowing that at least one other person will be there (me) and maybe others as well.

      If Sam is in the chat room then I think it might be interesting to discuss some of the ideas in his recent posting to Mendeyo - see email below this.

      For anyone else - let's just see where the opportunity for a chat leads us. I have not been able to spend much time following Minciu Sodas groups recently, because of the online work I am doing with John Dada (in Nigeria). I hope this will later be relevant for people in other places. I hope Thursday chat time will be a chance for me to catch up with you and  explore where our shared interests are taking us in 2009. It is also the last First Thursday chat before some people will be coming to London and might want some local information (the dramatic snowfalls we had last month are now a distant memory, and Spring is definitely in the air here now).

      All being well I will be around for an hour as usual - 12.00 GMT, 13.00 Nigerian time, 15,00 Kenyan time. http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/  I hope to meet some of you there.

      Pam

      2009/3/2 Samwel Kongere <jambita1@...>

      Dear all,

       I am preparing another community focus on Sustainable Local Community Responsible Tourism and Agriculture this year (2009), after 2008 on Female empowerment on Information Communication Technology and Entrepreneurship, I ask myself why? sustainability is a poor teacher? Is success a poor teacher?  Or which is which?

      We learn about ourselves when we fail. So, do not be afraid of failing. Failing is the process of the success. You must have success without failing. So; does it mean; unsuccessful people; are people who never fail? It is not unemployment which matters, it is about who you are’ keep striving you will become somebody. Quit and you become somebody……but you are the same person again; I think it is all about becoming who you are!!!

      My Malaria leader Hibrahim’ usually calls me dog-fool” and encourages me to keep on failing and success is at the conner, this to him, these are funniest words he remained my mentor. A mentor’ is someone who had done what you want to do …….and successful at doing it. Do not find an adviser. I think an adviser is someone who tells you how to do it. Most of the advisers are selfish, ego-centered people. Be careful of the advice you take, you must keep your mind open, always be first aware of which advice is coming from where.

      My mentor Andrius, taught me about systems of independent leadership, thinking, networking in the public domain. A leader has to be a leader of people not a manager of people, why? Managers see their subordinates as inferiors. Leaders must direct people, they are smarter. After I dropped my predicament on volunteer and enclave of unemployment; began researching, networking, contributing my social understanding among other independent thinkers (leaders) on Public Domain issues: I found out that there were sincerely and diligently building successful networks and the globe. When I met these comrades virtually on www.ms.lt and discussion groups, I saw impact of independent thinking on other people’s lives and financial futures. I began to truly appreciate the value of the networking on public domain issues. Anywhere, I was learning to overcome my fears of being rejected and stopped worrying what other people will say about me.

      To learn to lead people, working with different kinds of people
       Hardest thing about success are those who are actually natural leaders. Surely, the ability to get long and inspire is a priceless skill. I found out in MS. Lab. I said “skill can be learned”.

      In conclusion, ongoing long term, educational programs, to develop you as a human being with self confidence is vital on the right side of relevant thinking development of success. I therefore, congratulate the leadership intertwined on the: Accessing, Reusing public sector and data in Minciu Sodas Lab which will continue to upgrade my social and community development background.

       Let us have another thinking day.
      Samwel.

    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009