Re: [mendenyo] We need help for Worknets meeting in London, end of March!
- Hi Andrius,Thank you Barbara for hosting Andrius, And am hapy for linking you to ms labAndrius about the communia meeting i would love to share with you an ideaperhaps it can work in future or it cannot work out but this is waht i think.There is a prolem with European Imigration offices in Africa, that they are caring less with giving visas to Africa with the reason known to them.and these comunia meeting always are announced in ashrt period of 1--2,3 months ahead which some times is hard for Africans to get the documents that these embassies ask for like the Insurance, birthcertifcate, marriage certicate(some are not married), bank statement, non refundend visa fee and many other docments, iwish they can adjust abit in their requirements,Why cant we organise our own meeting in Africa and members from Europe and USA can join us we also get chance of having a night with all of you.since this will be a sure deal that you will all get visas imagine on arrival of any african countries, i bet if there is any african country which will put too much strings attached on your visa application.thats my ideaotherwise i wish you the best all who will represent us in the Zurich , and london communiaFred Kayiwa
--- On Wed, 1/21/09, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
Subject: [mendenyo] We need help for Worknets meeting in London, end of March!
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 12:20 PMGreetings from Boston! Thank you to Edward Cherlin for encouraging me to
attend the One Laptop Per Child conference. Thank you to Barbara Horst, I
enjoyed my stay with you! I've signed up many wonderful people for our
groups. Thank you to Ron Canuel (OLPC, constructivist education in
Quebec), Behrouz Aghevli (Scratch math animation) and Kelechi Micheals for
joining in from Nigeria!
I ask for our help that we make the most of our travel money to the
COMMUNIA meeting March 26-27 in London. We have about 4,000 euros (6,000
dollars) which we can use for travel (flights and tickets) and
accomodation. This is an opportunity for us to stay longer and have our
own meeting for Worknets and Minciu Sodas.
Who would like to help? I invite you to join our Worknets meeting team if
you would like to travel or if you can help with any aspect. Then we'll
find a leader for the team from among those who might be interested. We
* a place to have our own meetings or events
* places to spend the night with people we know (we can give their
organizations money for this)
* people to write invitations for visas (for participants from Serbia or
* making connections with more people in London and the UK who would like
to meet us and work together
Please speak up and let us know if you'd like to help or participate!
What topics are we interested to work on:
* learning materials in the Public Domain in mathematics and other subjects
* our Worknets charter for a culture of independent thinkers
* Public Domain Fashion (Ana, Zdenka from Serbia)
* live video streaming (Zenonas and others from Lithuania)
* open source hardware (such as DIY Solar)
* Includer, Sneakernet and related topics
* $100 projects
I ask especially our UK participants - Pamela McLean and Lorraine and
Nikki..., Graham Knight, Ricardo - and others such as John Rogers, Chris
Macrae who might have London connections or might like to come to London -
and others we know such as Anne Wirstad, Gary Alexander, Josef
Davies-Coates, the Espians
and also those who are traveling to the Oekonux conference in Manchester,
such as Franz Nahrada, Vinay Gupta, Marcin Jakubowski
and those who might like to fly to London to participate, including Sasha,
Zdenka and Ana from Sombor, Serbia; Zenonas, Audrone, Irena, Tomas,
Vygantas from Lithuania; Samwel Kongere, Peter Ongele and others from
Please speak up so that we might make the most of this opportunity. I
emphasize that we can focus on our own Worknets/MinciuSoda s meeting.
COMMUNIA provides travel funds so that we can attend the COMMUNIA meeting,
but we can do much more than that for our networks and endeavors!