We need help for Worknets meeting in London, end of March!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2009
      Greetings from Boston! Thank you to Edward Cherlin for encouraging me to
      attend the One Laptop Per Child conference. Thank you to Barbara Horst, I
      enjoyed my stay with you! I've signed up many wonderful people for our
      groups. Thank you to Ron Canuel (OLPC, constructivist education in
      Quebec), Behrouz Aghevli (Scratch math animation) and Kelechi Micheals for
      joining in from Nigeria!

      I ask for our help that we make the most of our travel money to the
      COMMUNIA meeting March 26-27 in London. We have about 4,000 euros (6,000
      dollars) which we can use for travel (flights and tickets) and
      accomodation. This is an opportunity for us to stay longer and have our
      own meeting for Worknets and Minciu Sodas.

      Who would like to help? I invite you to join our Worknets meeting team if
      you would like to travel or if you can help with any aspect. Then we'll
      find a leader for the team from among those who might be interested. We
      need:
      * a place to have our own meetings or events
      * places to spend the night with people we know (we can give their
      organizations money for this)
      * people to write invitations for visas (for participants from Serbia or
      Africa)
      * making connections with more people in London and the UK who would like
      to meet us and work together
      Please speak up and let us know if you'd like to help or participate!

      What topics are we interested to work on:
      * learning materials in the Public Domain in mathematics and other subjects
      * our Worknets charter for a culture of independent thinkers
      * Public Domain Fashion (Ana, Zdenka from Serbia)
      * live video streaming (Zenonas and others from Lithuania)
      * open source hardware (such as DIY Solar)
      * Includer, Sneakernet and related topics
      * $100 projects
      * ...

      I ask especially our UK participants - Pamela McLean and Lorraine and
      Nikki..., Graham Knight, Ricardo - and others such as John Rogers, Chris
      Macrae who might have London connections or might like to come to London -
      and others we know such as Anne Wirstad, Gary Alexander, Josef
      Davies-Coates, the Espians

      and also those who are traveling to the Oekonux conference in Manchester,
      such as Franz Nahrada, Vinay Gupta, Marcin Jakubowski

      and those who might like to fly to London to participate, including Sasha,
      Zdenka and Ana from Sombor, Serbia; Zenonas, Audrone, Irena, Tomas,
      Vygantas from Lithuania; Samwel Kongere, Peter Ongele and others from
      Africa.

      Please speak up so that we might make the most of this opportunity. I
      emphasize that we can focus on our own Worknets/MinciuSodas meeting.
      COMMUNIA provides travel funds so that we can attend the COMMUNIA meeting,
      but we can do much more than that for our networks and endeavors!