Public Domain Fashion; Internet STreaming

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2009
      Ana Ilic Lagundjin, I was very happy that Sasha and Zdenka Mrkailo and I
      could learn about you at the Cafe Des Arts in Sombor, Serbia. I'm glad
      that you've started working together on Public Domain Fashion. I share
      your letter with the Global Villages working group and also with the
      COMMUNIA mailing list.

      I also note that our team in Lithuania has suggested that they come to the
      London COMMUNIA meeting to do live video streaming as we did in Vilnius.
      Zenonas Anusauskas has done this for the Parliament, City Hall, etc. ever
      more creatively. And I propose that our team offer to do this for the
      Oekonux meeting which will take place March 27-29 in Manchester, UK
      http://www.oekonux-conference.org immediately after COMMUNIA meeting March
      26-27
      ttp://blog.okfn.org/2008/12/19/5th-communia-workshop-london-26-27th-march-2009/
      It would be a way to build bridges with the Oekonux community.

      Hi Andrius Kulikauska,
      Thanks for wish to invite me and included in Public Domain Feshion.
      I wish immediately ansver and thanks,but first wants to see Zdenka
      and Sasa and today I consults with them.
      We are very interested for made brend and to make paterns for feshon
      creation and invited all people to use,share,modify,copy...
      I will be able and must to put question abouth sample designe for
      textil whot is basis to make designe for clouths.Also importent
      things air-transport and prices for customs.

      I am interested for short children book,make illustration with
      children on class in elementaru private school.

      Also Zdenka and I spoke about patern" Bebi Twister" games for
      children and Sasa will help in web-prezetacion-publishing.

      I hope that you well-informed to have got reason for invite us in
      London.

      Ana Ilic Lagundjin

      -----------------

      -- In Minciu_Sodas_BOS@yahoogroups.com, "Andrius Kulikauskas"
      <ms@...> wrote:

      > > Greetings from Bosnia! I just came back from Sombor, Serbia where I
      > > visited Sasha Mrkailo and his family and greeted the New Year.
      This week
      > > I give and grade algebra finals.
      > >
      > > Then I fly to Boston where I arrive Sunday, January 11, early
      evening and
      > > meet up with Edward Cherlin of Earth Treasury
      > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/earthtreasury/ We're attending the
      One
      > > Laptop Per Child's XO Camp 2 miniconference, January 12-16.
      > > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XOCamp_2 Edward leads an endeavor to
      create
      > > open source electronic textbooks. I've agreed to create mathematics
      > > learning materials in the Public Domain. Edward and I and others
      will
      > > look for funding and business opportunity. This will be a priority
      for me
      > > for the next few months, whether or not I teach here in Bosnia next
      > > semester (and it's still not clear). I will be writing up a set of
      > > "classic math problems" and consider how they build on each other,
      much
      > > like architect Christopher Alexander's pattern languages. I
      encourage us
      > > to join our efforts. I look forward to staying with Barbara Horst
      and, if
      > > possible, visit Janet Feldman. I would like to visit Wolfram
      Science.
      > > Education will be a key theme for our network this year.
      > >
      > > Janet Feldman, Franz Nahrada, Jeff Buderer, Benoit Couture and
      others have
      > > brought up another key theme that we've grown to take up. That's
      the idea
      > > of "we", what does that mean? and how does that work? I look
      forward to
      > > our new ideas. My own aspirations are:
      > > * to lead Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt as founder and owner as a
      haven
      > > for independent thinkers where all are invited to work openly on
      their
      > > projects in the Public Domain, share and give free services, and
      come
      > > together for work for pay. Minciu Sodas should be large enough for
      me to
      > > make a living and support my projects. Perhaps a few hundred active
      > > members is enough. I'm interested that all at Minciu Sodas
      participate at
      > > their fullest, but I want to downplay any sense of "we" and instead
      by
      > > sensitive to what our individual interests truly are. I would like
      to work
      > > together with many more such laboratories which have their own
      > > founders/owners.
      > > * to organize WorkNets http://www.worknets.org as a culture of
      independent
      > > thinkers, perhaps 100,000 active and 1,000,000 supportive, enough
      to take
      > > up every issue in life; to nurture creativity that encourages
      people to
      > > care for each other, fall in love and raise children; to have a
      strong
      > > economy, self-learning program, technology base, festival calendar;
      > > reach out to all; to intervene for those who ask for help; to govern
      > > ourselves as relevant; to engage and enjoy God. I aspire that
      WorkNets be
      > > what Jesus calls the Kingdom of Heaven and that it merge
      constructively
      > > with all other such networks.
      > >
      > > I'm very interested how to define the WorkNets culture as the
      minimal
      > > expectations for including all people, inasmuch as they are self-
      directed.
      > > Pamela McLean and I recently spoke by phone, which I found very
      helfpul,
      > > because she's very sensitive to when I'm speaking what I myself
      think and
      > > when I'm implying that we all accept some value. My thought is to
      author
      > > a WorkNets charter with the expectations for participants, starting
      with
      > > the basic rules and ideas. This charter might be updated as we go
      on. I
      > > think a simple way to accept this charter would be to put up at
      one's
      > > website a banner or widget with our feeds (Meet with us! Shop with
      us!
      > > Network with us! Chat with us!) I look forward to our thoughts and
      our
      > > alternatives. A related theme for me this year will be making our
      > > websites cohesive so that we can access and contribute content in
      > > productive ways.
      > >
      > > We have almost 4,000 euros in travel money to attend the COMMUNIA
      meeting
      > > on March 26-27, 2009, in London, hosted by the Open Knowledge
      Foundation
      > > on the topic "Accessing, Using and Reusing Public Sector Content
      and
      > > Data" which very much relates to open source textbooks. The
      COMMUNIA
      > > meetings are becoming more work-oriented and can include additional
      topics
      > > we bring up. Also, they are an opportunity for us to come together
      as we
      > > did last March in Vilnius.
      > >
      > > Natural topics for London include:
      > > * Public Domain textbooks, especially in mathematics. I will be
      able to
      > > share my results.
      > > * Open source hardware. Graham Knight of DIY Solar is in the UK,
      and we
      > > could fly in Peter Ongele and Samwel Kongere, for example.
      > > * Public Domain fashion. I have given Sasha Mrkailo $260 of which
      $60 is
      > > for sending the Pyramid of Peace videos to Rachel and Kennedy and
      me, and
      > > $200 is for 2 months work at $100 to develop business opportunities
      for
      > > our lab, small and large. In particular, I encouraged him to
      support his
      > > wife Zdenka's talent in fashion design. We met in Sombor at Cafe
      des Arts
      > > with Ana Ilic Lagundzin, an experienced fashion designer and
      creative
      > > organizer. They were all very interest in Public Domain fashion
      which
      > > would invite all people to use, share, modify, copy African
      textiles, to
      > > use and change designs and patterns that Ana and Zdenka will make,
      and
      > > also to be interested in the people who create these works and
      learn their
      > > stories. I even suggested "high fashion sanitary pads" made in
      Africa as
      > > a business opportunity. Fashion may be perfect for showing the
      value of
      > > the Public Domain. COMMUNIA meets this summer in Torino and we
      might
      > > organize a related event in Italy.
      > > * We will also bring together all of our topics, our individual
      endeavors
      > > and our shared concerns.
      > >
      > > I ask us now to think, who might like to come to London? who would
      we like
      > > to see there? who might help organize our meeting there? who might
      write
      > > invitations for our African participants?
      > >
      > > Pamela McLean is interested to participate, but not as the chief
      > > organizer. So we need help to organize this. It's not that
      complicated,
      > > but I ask for our leadership, especially those of us living in the
      UK.