Re: [learningfromeachother] Partners for Wendi for DIY Solar, sanitary wear, positive blogging?

  • ACTWID KONGADZEM
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2008
      Dear Andrius and all,
      Thank you for accepting to work with us on the DIY
      Solar project and the sanitary project. Yes the key
      step as you said is to find the online partner in our
      lab who will like to work with us.
      We are waiting.
      Sincerely Wendi and members

    • Janet Feldman
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 10, 2008
        Dear Wendi, Andrius, Graham, and All,

        Immense thanks for these inspiring notes, and I would love to work in
        partnership with Actwid Kongadzem, with whom I have been working already for
        about four years. In addition, AK is an ActALIVE member, and our
        organization will be involved in the blogging project.

        Wendi, I can link you with Solana (RV) on the mapping project, and let's
        consider how the bloggers you are hoping to sign up can be involved with the
        Rising Voices forums and project.

        I think that there is great potential to address the issue of sanitary wear
        in both a "micro" (related to individuals and communities) and a "macro"
        (related to countries and regions) way, and hope we can starr discussing
        this early in the new year.

        I will try to respond to the full thread of conversation we have had about
        sanitary wear during the next week--including Cathy Stubington's inspiring
        posting (thanks Cathy and more to follow soon to you!!) --and would like to
        mention in the meantime that Cathy is also a member of ActALIVE, so there
        are some exciting creative linkages we can hopefully make and develop as we
        move along.

        How this connects to Graham is another interesting linkage: recently, he
        and Rachel met while she was in the UK, and Rachel is an ActALIVE member
        too, as are Andrius and Ken (as well as Dennis, George Onyango, and Fred
        Ouko of KCYP, with whom Graham has been working on a solar-panel fabrication
        project for some time).

        It would be very interesting to discuss if and how we might links solar
        power, sanitary wear, blogging, peace and development, health issues such as
        HIV/AIDS and malaria, and the arts! A tall order, perhaps, but I'm sure
        that--if anyone can do it--we can.

        Andrius, what are your ideas for "working together", ie what does that mean
        to you, in what circumstances do you envision some micro-funding for a
        project, et al?

        Thanks so much, all, and I look forward to discussing, dreaming, and "doing"
        together! Janet

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2008
          Janet,

          I'm very glad that you might be Wendi Loshe Bernadette's (and ACTWID
          KONGADZEM's) partner at our lab (and your Holistic Helping working group)
          for a $100 project which I will sponsor.

          I suggest, because there are so many interests and potentials, that the
          goal of this project be simply for ACTWID KONGADZEM to explore the ones
          that interest them, exchange letters with you and what they are doing and
          learning, and finally, in two months or so, report on how the different
          projects fit together, how they relate different sets of participants,
          what kinds of synergies they suggest. That would be a helpful result.
          What do you think?

          Wendi, I can send you the $100 by Western Union, but perhaps it would be
          better to send it to you by check? Can you cash a US check at your bank?
          Then I would send you an extra $20.

          +1 312 618 3345
        • ACTWID KONGADZEM
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 12, 2008
            Dear Andrius, JanetAand all,
            Thank you very much for the discussion you and Andrius
            have made on our behalf. We all in ACTWID KONGADZEM
            really appreciate all you said.
            Yes we have looked at your suggestion Andrius and it
            is okay. We will take the goal to explore the projects
            that interest us ,then exchange letters with Janet on
            what we have done and learnt and then later on report
            to janet and you how the different projects fit
            together and how they relate different sets of
            participants.
            We will like to let you all know that we will send you
            the answers to the questions you posed about the cyber
            cafe project tomorrow if there are no electrical
            disorders.
            For the question of a check, it may be very difficult
            here to cash a check in a bank. The best and easy way
            is only the Western Union Wires.
            Immense thanks till tomorrow.
            Sincerely Wendi and ACTWID KONGADZEM members in
            Bamenda, Cameroon/

            === message truncated ===
          • ACTWID KONGADZEM
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2008
              Dear Janet and all,
              I t is our singular pleasure to have you again as our
              own partner for our projects in MSlab. This is a
              special favour for us and we are all priviledged to
              have you as our own partner.
              Yes we are members of ActALIVE and if you are the one
              to do the blogging, it is good for us.
              Janet, you can kindly link us up with Solana of
              Rising Voices. We can truly consider how we can work
              with Rising Voices in their foruns and projects.
              We are happy to hear about Cathy too and that she is
              also a member of Act ALIVE too We are sure to have
              good links with you all in the nearest future.
              Yes, we can start discussing these good linkages early
              in the new year.It is true that we all can do it as
              one hand cannot tie a bundle.