growing rice

  • fdkayiwa
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2006
      hello welcome all to this
      am fred and one of my dream in 2007 is to do the project of growing
      rice and ensure that the comuinity in uganda do get enough rice as
      the all time staple food [posho]
      from the common crop in africa maize has done nothing for the brain
      washing of african
      this has been shown in the past years that there are less
      developments in africa
      and one of the majpr problems according to me is what we do eat and
      we do eat posho most
      posho is the food made from maize flour

      am thinking that we cant think alot and we cant think much when we
      do eat such heavy food wich makes us sleep all the time

      irember when iewas in primary school and secondary school
      they were feeding us beans and posho and we had to go back to
      calsses after lunch but for sure 60percent of the class were in
      dozing ever just because they have eaten posho and beans

      am not sure with the thinking of our member waiting to hear from you
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2006
        Interesting

        Ref dozing after lunch - in the UK at some conferences - if participants
        are given a full meal at lunch time - then the lecturers call the slot
        straight after lunch "the graveyard slot" - because no-one is very
        "alive" after a heavy meal.

        I have never eaten posho and I'm not a nutritionist so I don't know if
        rice is better - but I agree with you that the right food is very
        important. When I was at school we had no choice of what we would eat
        and it is said the meals were much better for us than the choices of
        different "junk foods" that many children now have in schools. In our
        schools - rather than the food sending children to sleep - there is
        concern that the "junk foods" and drink, that children consume,
        contribute to hyper-activity.

        Pam

        fdkayiwa wrote:

        > hello welcome all to this
        > am fred and one of my dream in 2007 is to do the project of growing
        > rice and ensure that the comuinity in uganda do get enough rice as
        > the all time staple food [posho]
        > from the common crop in africa maize has done nothing for the brain
        > washing of african
        > this has been shown in the past years that there are less
        > developments in africa
        > and one of the majpr problems according to me is what we do eat and
        > we do eat posho most
        > posho is the food made from maize flour
        >
        > am thinking that we cant think alot and we cant think much when we
        > do eat such heavy food wich makes us sleep all the time
        >
        > irember when iewas in primary school and secondary school
        > they were feeding us beans and posho and we had to go back to
        > calsses after lunch but for sure 60percent of the class were in
        > dozing ever just because they have eaten posho and beans
        >
        > am not sure with the thinking of our member waiting to hear from you

      • kayiwa fred
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 24, 2006
          wish you ahpy chrismas and neayear
          let it be of action please