Re: [1village] Fwd: RE KOLANUT PROCESSING

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2008
      Hi Ed

      Sorry I have not see the original post to Linked In, so I do not know about the opportunities you refer to. (I am way behind with reading lists, and even personal emails.)

      This brief reply is to let you know that kola nuts are very important in the areas of Nigeria that I know. Perhaps your original post has relevance to the Attachab Eco-Village Development.  See  http://cicelyinnigeria.blogspot.com  Attachab eco-village Friday 5th December 2008, visiting the site of the dream. I can give you more details.

      (ref a separate thread, we have also got sugar labs on our agenda for our weekly UK-Nigeria Dadamac team meeting.)

      Pam

      2008/12/7 Edward Cherlin <echerlin@...>

      I asked on LinkedIn about possibilities for kola nut processing, and I
      received a reply from this solicitor. I was told that Nigeria imports
      cola syrup and has no local brands, and that much of its crop goes to
      waste. It is clear that local brands can be established by appeals to
      local taste and to patriotism, from local celebrities and from the
      promise that a share of the profits will go into education and other
      economic opportunities for Nigerians. Perhaps Hakeem Olajuwon would be
      interested, who knows?

      It is also clear that there are obstacles in the business climate and
      for other reasons.

      Anybody who is interested in this business opportunity and economic
      growth opportunity should contact me. We will need to find other local
      partners in order to acquire the necessary equipment and buildings for
      processing kola nuts and possibly bottling as well, although I would
      want to explore a partnership with an existing bottling company if we
      can find one with appropriate quality.