Re: Tobias (Kabissa): Fantastic abt Rising Voices Chat!/perhaps ongoing collaboration?

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
      Dear Tobias and All,

      Immense thanks for the posting, and I'm sure many of us will be interested to post about events and to tell stories. Kabissa is a wonderful example of citizen journalism at its best!

      Thanks too for the corrected link to the special mailings (I give that a two-thumbs up :))!  I will send you something now (separately), focusing on Africa, and if you can send the text today, fantastic!!

      So glad you like the idea of collaboration, and hope we can discuss this soon, perhaps even at the chat tomorrow. It would be especially good if you and David can talk.

      Will close on that upbeat note and get to that text. All best wishes and hope to "see" you and many Kabissa members at the chat! Janet
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
        Thanks, Janet!

        I have sent the special mailing, which will be delivered to about 3000 Kabissa members over the course of the next few hours. I will let you know how many people click the various links.

        For the future, it may be useful for you and others wanting to do special mailings to experiment with searches on the site to target specific subsets of our community for specific special mailings, for example by region or organisational focus.

        Sadly, I will not be participating personally in the chat because it's scheduled for 4am my time! I may work in Africa but currently live near Seattle on the west coast of the United States. Too far away - but this will change when I move for two years to Berlin in July 2009.

        I've signed up for the risingvoices google group and look forward to participating - in the meantime perhaps you can forward this message to the group. Glad to chat more with David and others working on citizen media and innovative social media on working together.

        Cheers,

        Tobias

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
          Dear Tobias and All,

          Wonderful to hear from you, and fantastic abt the mailing!!  How exciting!! I hope that some who get it will make it to the chat, and that the discussion will continue at Kabissa then too. I/we understand totally abt the timeframe...it will be a challenge for me to attend at 7am!

          It's very interesting that you are moving to Berlin for two years...I imagine there may be many bloggers there too, and I believe there is also a thriving African community, and/or Africa-focused work. Can I ask what you will be doing there?

          Hopefully there will be many more opportunities for chats on a variety of subjects, and this particular one will hopefully continue at RV and other forums, including ActALIVE (www.actalive.org), an international coalition (I founded in 2002) whose members use arts and media to address HIV/AIDS.

          David, REPACTED members, Andrius (Minciu Sodas), and others are with us in the ActALIVE forum, and I'm hoping we can discuss in that setting and elsewhere the issues, projects, and "practices" we can use to address HIV/AIDS more effectively.  Rising Voices has a forum specifically related to blogging and HIV (about HIV/AIDS, and for HIV+ bloggers) too, and there we hope to work on a "Blogging Positively Guide".

          Will look forward to "seeing you around the eforums", and thanks again so much for your help!  All best wishes, Janet