Jafar Danesi: Chats (Sat and Wed)/Jafar (and other Nigerians) Meet Rahilla Zafar (needs info abt intern. aid in Nigeria)

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2008

      Dear Jafar, Rahilla, and All,

      Hello and great to hear from you! Did you get to the chat yesterday, and how did it go?  Or did you mean the chat this coming Wed...I hope you can attend!

      Jafar, please also meet Rahilla Zafar, who posted the request below at the other forum I moderate, Holistic Helping. You may have already "met" her in the Teachers Talking chat on Saturday. If not, hope you and other members in Nigeria will consider contacting Rahilla as per her request, if you have experiences or insights you can share.  She is at rahilla@....

      From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
      To: holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, actalive@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, mendenyo@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 29 November, 2008, 2:33 AM

      I have posted my latest episode about The Includer
      http://www.pbs. org/idealab/
      and I include links to two chats this week at our chat room:
      http://www.worknets .org/chat/

      Pamela McLean invites us to celebrate the fourth anniversary of Teachers
      Talking at our chat room on Saturday, November 29th, for about an hour,
      starting 10:00 GMT, 11:00 Nigerian time, 13:00 Kenyan time.
      http://learnbydoing uk.blogspot. com/2008/ 11/count- down-to-tt- final-arrangemen ts-for.html

      Serina Kalande leads a chat to investigate: What are the factors to weigh
      when ‘Blogging Positively’, especially working with HIV/AIDS? Come to our
      chat room on Wednesday, December 3rd, at New York 7:00, London 12:00,
      Johannesburg, Helsinki 14:00, Nairobi, Moscow 15:00, New Delhi 17:30, Hong
      Kong 20:00 and meet with representatives of REPACTED (Kenya), AIDS Rights
      (Democratic Republic of Congo), FrontAIDS and Drop-in center (Russia), and
      Kwa Mashu Community Advancement Project (South Africa). Then continue at
      ActALIVE’s discussion group lead by Janet Feldman of Episode 1,
      Sisterhood!

      Also, I look forward to writing about the Minciu Sodas $100 projects which
      I'd like to sponsor. Each project should have at least two people working
      on it, typically, one person "on-the-ground" and another helping online.
      (I think of Graham Knight and Wendi Loshe Bernadette, for example.) Each
      person should write about a question they are investigating, and an
      endeavor they would like to achieve. We have many pairs of people.
      Suggest yourself or others and I hope to write soon.

      Peace,

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...

      ------------ ------

      Event: BLOGGING POSITIVELY

      Date: 03.12.2008

      Location: Chatroom: http://www.worknets .org/chat/

      Time: New York 0700, London 1200, Johannesburg, Helsinki 1400, Nairobi,
      Moscow 1500, New Delhi 1730, Hong Kong 2000

      Login instructions: Login using your name and then select the room you
      want to join by clicking enter. Once in the room, select a font color on
      the left side of the screen, then join the chat

      Discussion framework

      What are the factors to weigh when ‘Blogging Positively’?

      A discussion with representatives from RV Projects and other Organizations
      working with HIV/AIDS related projects.

      (REPACTED(Kenya) , AIDS Rights (DRC), FrontAIDS and Drop-in center (Russia)
      Kwa Mashu Community Advancement Project (K-CAP South Africa))

      Networking
      Why should so many people blog about the same subject?
      Ways to locate blogs touching on HIV/AIDS
      Mapping
      Conferences
      Impact

      Content
      Popularity versus Reality
      Ethical questions

      Forums
      Membership
      Benefits

      Threads of the conversation will continue at ActALIVE