Re: Nigeria

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi Rahilla! I share your letter with Pamela McLean and all at Learning
      From Each Other http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfromeachother/ they
      are active in Nigeria! You can also join Pamela and many Nigerians at the
      Teachers Talking celebration and online chat tomorrow (Saturday) see:
      http://learnbydoinguk.blogspot.com/2008/11/count-down-to-tt-final-arrangements-for.html
      Andrius Kulikauskas

      > Dear All,
      >
      > I'm working on a report evaluating international aid in Nigeria.
      >
      > If any of you have experience working there and any insights to offer,
      > please let me know.
      >
      > I appreciate your help.
      >
      > thanks,
      > Rahilla

    • Janet Feldman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
        Dear Rahilla and All,

        Hello and great to hear from you! I can pass this along to some forums
        where there are many Nigerians, and hopefully some will respond. What is
        the purpose of the study, by the way...by which I mean, what are you
        measuring exactly? Is it "most impact for the dollar", or "people helped",
        or "how can aid be used most effectively" (or all of the above :))?

        All best wishes, Janet

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
          Hi Rahilla - and thanks Janet and Andrius for the introductions.

          You are very welcome to join us tomorrow - or maybe we can arrange something that is at a better time for you. Please let me know what information you are looking for and I can think who it would be best for you to contact.

          I can introduce you to my friends at Fantsuam, and to other people elsewhere in Nigeria, who are able to communicate online.

          Pam

          From Each Other http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfromeachother/ they
          are active in Nigeria! You can also join Pamela and many Nigerians at the
          Teachers Talking celebration and online chat tomorrow (Saturday) see:
          http://learnbydoinguk.blogspot.com/2008/11/count-down-to-tt-final-arrangements-for.html
          Andrius Kulikauskas

          > Dear All,
          >
          > I'm working on a report evaluating international aid in Nigeria.
          >
          > If any of you have experience working there and any insights to offer,
          > please let me know.
          >
          > I appreciate your help.
          >
          > thanks,
          > Rahilla

        • kayiwa fred
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
            Thank you Andrius for letting us know about the opportunities of 100$
            For me I want to talk about the Kampala Junior Team http://www.kampalajuniorteam.org
            this is the young organization which helps the slum kids and street kids develop their talents and they are now in school holiday
            they have designed a project of having holiday camp which is aimed on correcting most of the slum kids from dec--10th to january 7th
            they are going to ensure that they are sensitized on how they can get rid of AIDS, how to develope through sports and also inspire other young kids from the war affected areas

            we hope that this small project will gain more than 200kids and they will benefit,
            they will socialize together though they come from different regions and they all learn from each other.

            To me I think Andrius 100$ can help much to boost this project

            on 10th i will be finishing my exams which means i will be more on ground and online here helping out
            Benoit am ready to mobilize many social workers join in your project lets work together.

            I will not be the one doing the project but Kabugo Mansoor will be leading it and i will be monitoring how the 100$ can be spent

            Hi Rahilla! I share your letter with Pamela McLean and all at Learning
            From Each Other http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/learningfr omeachother/ they

            http://www.ms. lt