Re: Bees for development

  • Sasha
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
      Thank you for mentioning that. It's a quite good resource although it
      is in fact a print magazine as far as I know. Sadly not much of it is
      online.
      Beekeeping is excellent for development. ten hives with bees ca give
      in a good year 500 kg of honey which is worth around 1500 euros here
      where I live. plus you have other beehive products, wax, propolis,
      pollen, swarms etc.
      Beekeeping is a mix of science art and craft. Beekeepers are usually
      people who are sharp thinkers, in Serbia it was usual thing for a
      priest or village school teacher to be a beekeeper.
      By watching and learning from bees and their natural habitat you can
      learn a lot about life.
      Sasha

      --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela McLean"
      <pam54321@...> wrote:

      > This online newsletter may be relevant it you have any interest in
      honey and
      > beekeeping
      > http://www.beesfordevelopment.org/
      >
      > Pam

    • Benoit Couture
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
        There are also more and more evidence to satisfy modern science that honey is a powerful antibiotic.
        Recently, A Canadian scientist demonstrated how honey overcame superbugs that were pharmacieutical antibiotic resistant.
        Egyptians of old and many others knew that, a long long time ago.

        Benoit