Bees for development

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      This online newsletter may be relevant it you have any interest in honey and beekeeping
      http://www.beesfordevelopment.org/

      Pam
    • Sasha
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
        Thank you for mentioning that. It's a quite good resource although it
        is in fact a print magazine as far as I know. Sadly not much of it is
        online.
        Beekeeping is excellent for development. ten hives with bees ca give
        in a good year 500 kg of honey which is worth around 1500 euros here
        where I live. plus you have other beehive products, wax, propolis,
        pollen, swarms etc.
        Beekeeping is a mix of science art and craft. Beekeepers are usually
        people who are sharp thinkers, in Serbia it was usual thing for a
        priest or village school teacher to be a beekeeper.
        By watching and learning from bees and their natural habitat you can
        learn a lot about life.
        Sasha

        --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela McLean"
        <pam54321@...> wrote:

        > This online newsletter may be relevant it you have any interest in
        honey and
        > beekeeping
        > http://www.beesfordevelopment.org/
        >
        > Pam

      • Benoit Couture
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
          There are also more and more evidence to satisfy modern science that honey is a powerful antibiotic.
          Recently, A Canadian scientist demonstrated how honey overcame superbugs that were pharmacieutical antibiotic resistant.
          Egyptians of old and many others knew that, a long long time ago.

          Benoit