Help Room and Learning to Share

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 6:05 PM
      I've posted my latest Includer blog post.
      I promote and engage authors of 20 proposals that were submitted to the
      Knight News Challenge, including our Davis Weddi in Uganda!

      I ask for topics and photos and news that you'd like me to share. I want
      to post about
      * the Nairobi base - whether or not Kennedy keeps it
      * Peter Ongele and Graham Knight's DIY Solar
      * Peter Ongele's malaria nets project
      * Our wonderful letters and ideas about including the Differently Abled
      * Charles Williams work to include David Ellison-Bey and others
      * our Saturday chats
      * open source hardware

      I'm working full-time as a math professor here in Bosnia. I received my
      first pay check today. I should be able to save about $3,200 a month for
      8 months, and also I have received a first payment of $7,100 for my blog
      about the Includer. So if all goes well I will earn about $33,000 to pay
      off my loans, which is almost one-third of my loans. Then, hopefully,
      next summer I can pursue business more related to our lab and network,
      such as our Help Room http://www.helproom.org and I will receive a second
      blogging payment of $7,100 in September, 2009 which will allow me to work
      until the end of that year.

      It's not my goal in life to pay off my debts, though. I want to pay off
      the higher-interest loans, and I also will apply half of my earnings
      towards my personal debt to Edward Damal. But I also have credit card
      debts at fixed rates of 3% and 5% and 7% which I should keep for as long
      as I can. So I will need a way to apply my money. I want to do that in a
      way that encourages our culture of "giving everything away", of sharing,
      of a kingdom of heaven. I need to invest in projects in which we build
      assets and also I can get my investment back in some way, even if without
      interest. I don't want to do this alone, but rather find two or three or
      more investors who work together and decide together. I want to be
      transparent and accountable about the money issues. I want us to practice
      regarding that. I also want to strengthen our lab's infrastructure. We
      need staffers for our chat room, and we need software developers, web
      programmers who would like to improve our interfaces.

      Thank you to Fred Kayiwa, David Ellison-Bey, Sasha Mrkailo, Benoit Couture
      for chatting this Saturday with me. I will be here every Saturday at
      10:00 Chicago time, 17:00 London time at http://www.helproom.org which
      leads to http://www.worknets.org/chat/

      We also have 4800 EUR to spend for travel to COMMUNIA meetings. The next
      meeting is in London in January, 2009. We can use the money to invite
      anybody we like, for our own purposes. However, it would be good to also
      have a goal related to strengthening the Public Domain. For example, we
      could organize Open Source Hardware activists. Is that something we'd like
      to do? COMMUNIA might be a good venue for that (we'd have to note that
      open source hardware is a "digital" matter, not a "hardware" matter). It
      would be a way to bring Marcin, Jeff and others to Europe if there is a
      point to that. Also, we can invite our African participants, but we have
      had trouble getting visas. And we should consider, what is our purpose?

      Thank you and I invite our help to staff our chat room and organize around
      a vision of a "help room". Thank you for writing about your own wishes.
      How might we support you?

      Samwel, best wishes on your journey as an investigator! I hope to write
      and share what you discover.

      AndriusKulikauskas: Click on the box and then you can type in a message.
      :: Also this way we can share urls (Internet addresses) like:

      David: andrius, can you read me

      AndriusKulikauskas: Yes, wonderful! :: This is called chat. :: And every
      Saturday :: Fred Kayiwa of Uganda willl be here :: My choir gave him a 100
      dollars so that he could come here on Saturdays :: starting at 10:00 am in
      the morning. :: And I want it to be 24 hours around the clock some day. ::
      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2008/10/the-includerepisode-5hardship.html this
      is your hardship letter :: and try this link some time

      David: ok, I hung up the phone, and will get back when I finish out sifr.
      :: side.

      AndriusKulikauskas: hi :: this is nice that I can write to you :: I am
      writing my next blog post :: David it's great that we can be in touch this
      way :: whatever you write here will be archived publicly :: and you can
      leave messages for me and others here :: here is the link to the archive:
      http://www.worknets.org/archive/ :: I am writing a blog post about various
      proposals submitted to the Knight News Challenge

      Benoit: Salut Andrius

      AndriusKulikauskas: Hi Benoit, thank you for coming, how are you? :: David
      and I chatted today for the first time.

      Benoit: We received a call about an hour ago from Josh. He went to slepep
      on school roof last night and the rain began pouring. He somehow fell off
      the roof and broke his pelvis and a few more bones. The baseball bat was
      to avoid him such severe spanking from The Father.

      AndriusKulikauskas: Oh that is sad news I am glad he is alive. :: And that
      he is able to speak :: and that he called you.

      Benoit: We are praying that he can respond accordingly.

      AndriusKulikauskas: Yes :: Thank you also for your letter which I have
      been thinking about

      Benoit: As a family, we are all that we've got on this earth.

      AndriusKulikauskas: You care very deeply

      Benoit: We have like pilgrimms without any attachments to anyone nor any

      AndriusKulikauskas: Benoit, some day, when you are free, I wanted to ask
      if you might send a drawing or a picture :: so that I would have an image
      :: to start up an Edmonton group for your vision :: because I think you
      have a great vision :: and we might be supportive step by step :: and we'd
      start it here and assemble people

      Benoit: I fear that I have created a small cult that must be destroyed and
      yet, I know much better than that. We are on a mission from God to pioneer
      the passage for all families on earth to get from the spiritual division
      of the human DNA to the organic experience of spiritual unity.

      AndriusKulikauskas: and I suggest calling it Edmonton for now ::
      http://worknets.ning.com/groups :: I propose to consider how to link both
      the big vision and the small steps :: and everything in between :: and as
      you are in Edmonton and your thought is to have a center there :: it seems
      relevant to reach out in Edmonton. :: Also, I witness your growth and you
      mine :: and I imagine you need a team that is bigger than your family ::
      and also in some ways you are very mature and in some ways you may need a
      lot of growth :: for your vision :: and so I imagine it would be excellent
      if you might find people locally :: who appreciate your work

      Ben: And in that regard, I consider my children, including Josh deeply, to
      be essential to one another's arrival to God's destination for each one's
      of our lives

      AndriusKulikauskas: and can contribute leadership and even mentorship ::
      and help you keep discovering alternatives

      Ben: Indeed

      AndriusKulikauskas: because I imagine your instincts may need advice from

      Ben: This is what I consider you to be

      AndriusKulikauskas: because your love and instincts are so strong :: well
      thank you but it would be great if you might find somebody local, yes? ::
      and we could all work together, globally and locally?

      Ben: Very much so.

      AndriusKulikauskas: great - that is what was on my mind

      Ben: But somehow, I find myself caught in a paradox :: The paradox of
      being pregnant with such a vision, and yet, unable to get it on with my
      closest people

      AndriusKulikauskas: well that's the same for me :: that is why we're
      looking for each other

      Ben: and found each other

      AndriusKulikauskas: and also that's why we have to be able to engage
      others in their own way rather than our own way :: and that is why it
      helps us to have a world where we can participate in our own way

      Ben: Yes

      AndriusKulikauskas: our own expectations may be high and unfair

      Ben: I keep on feeling very guilty for not having gone with Josh for a
      "night out on the street" with him

      AndriusKulikauskas: what does that mean?

      Ben: You say to engage others in their own way :: I wonder and feel guilty
      about the fact that I could have gone with Josh, and let him show what he
      values in going on the scene of crack cocaine and all of its ??? :: I did
      not because I know better but that did nothing for him...yet

      AndriusKulikauskas: he may be doomed but he is always your son :: and you
      can love him :: even though he may be trapped

      Ben: The idea of the community center I keep on writing about and talking
      about, is specifically targetting the solution to be grown from person to
      person and from family to family

      AndriusKulikauskas: where you have the opportunity

      Ben: Yes, the opportunity of engaging in the kind of communication that
      can repair or heal any kind of communication breakdown

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes

      Ben: Josh and our 3 other children suffer from the deep divide that they
      have been exposed to beteen Debbie and I. :: We do go on suffering from
      deep communication breakdown that began nearly as soon as we got pregnant

      AndriusKulikauskas: I think it helps to learn your children's language,
      their concerns, their issues and acknowledge their world even as you offer

      Ben: From what I understand, we are one of the many, many couples who go
      on living like that

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes in Lithuania I am deeply impressed :: by couples
      who live with such challenges

      Ben: Yes, that is what makes them very different from most of the other
      people that they have come across in their lives :: "them" as in my
      children I meant :: Debbie and I, we have both done that and they are now
      becoming aware of that by the way that they see us raise Josh's child

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes :: yes

      Ben: What you describe, basically means to treat them as equals, yes? ::
      Here's a true story that happened with our first born, Jessi

      AndriusKulikauskas: Yes, engage them as equals and your maturity will be
      evident, I imagine :: and so will theirs

      Ben: When he was 3 and a half years old, after having sang and tuck thenm
      in for the night, as I was about to leave the room, Jessi said: "DAad!" ::
      His voice was definately calling for a focused attention :: That was my
      first time that I was being addressind with such a deep resonnance of
      innocence :: I had been in the habit of calling them "little guys" him and
      Josh who are 17 months apart :: So Jessi's question was: "Are we really

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes

      Ben: He was quite concern, obviously :: So I answered no, you are big
      people in little bodies. Your bodies will grow up and this is what me and
      Debbie are doin. We are teaching you to stay a big person and to help your
      body frow healthy :: He was quite taken, so I added: "You and Josh, you
      also both teach me and Debbie very much :: He began to look puzzled, so I
      asked him: "What do you teach us"? :: As soon as he heard the question, he
      went into a drifting look. He was swept away in a state of contemplation,
      which psychologisrecomment to never disturb.

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes

      Ben: They say that when it happens, it means that the child is sooking in
      and processing musch of whxt his eyes and ears and senses all together
      have seised but not grasped yet :: So after about 45 seconds, I asked,
      "So, what do you teach me and Debbie"? He came right out and said: "I am
      teaching you to learn" :: I am not kidding you, I felt pushed back until
      the wall stopped me :: To me, that is a divine experience of communion ::
      Equality, Liberty, Fraternity

      AndriusKulikauskas: yes :: that is beautfiul

      Ben: Debbie and I met 2500 miles away from our peers :: We have both been
      left out of their lives and we accepted that our lives was going to be one
      of ongoing spiritual discoveries :: We just do not know how to settle in
      the way that we can radiate the Kingdom of Heavens all the way to maturity
      :: So that the victory of communion may take us to where God can be free
      to be Himself all the way :: There is a prayer uttered by the apostle Paul
      to the Ephesians in which he expresses his desire for them to be filled
      all the way to the fullness of God. :: Those are the people whom we have
      looking for and your quest to know everything and to apply it usefully is
      right on target for that to crystalise\

      AndriusKulikauskas: I suppose the Kingdom of Heaven :: is about making
      God's truths tangible in the smallest ways, the smallest steps, the
      smallest leaps of faith :: so that everybody can participate :: so it's a
      lot about learning what people are capable of :: and structuring
      accordingly :: so that "what believe is what happens" :: makes real sense
      :: you see the big dream :: but we also need the small steps :: and you
      are taking many of them :: and it is beautiful to see :: and me too :: The
      fact that your son called is a wonderful step :: and that you answered him
      :: and that we talk about it

      Benoit: Sorry Andrius :: The phone rang, Jessi came to talk I need to go
      to the bathroom...wow...online live can sure swing!!! :: The phone was
      Josh :: The apsotle Paul speaks of being taken down but not crushed, being
      discouraged but not in despair... :: I guest that this is what he peans
      when he writes that it is by much suffering that we enter the Kingdom of
      Heaven :: means not peans :: The help room is currently very active and
      hot. Thank you for that Andrius :: I hope to somehow, repay the room in
      kind :: My problem is that feel like I would be a hypocryte, in trying to
      help others, when my own life is so troubled :: To be one or to come
      across as one :: As you wrote earlier, I have grown much and there is much
      to go yet :: It must be quite late in Bosnia. Thank you for your time and
      all of that intails in terms of vital energy supply. One day, I hope to
      bring you back some ROI according to such quality and value as your
      treatment of others as yourself...keep up the good fight Andrius...you are
      on track...Salut for now and ever...

      AndriusKulikauskas: Benoit, thank you for your wonderful words, I will
      quote you! and your presence at our help room is enormously valuable
      because :: I am working full time and we need help to staff it! :: and you
      might help yourself by helping others?